Monday, January 3, 2022

To Pack or Not To Pack

 Cujo here. I am happy to report that my Mom is finally feeling better. I was by her side the entire time that she was sick. She sounded like she was barking like us dogs!

I must confess that I am not so happy that Mom is well. I mean, I am happy she feels better, but now that she feels better she is always busy putting all of our stuff in boxes. This cuts in on our napping time. HeWho is our Dad still naps, but I am not likely to cuddle with him! 

Even if I wanted to cuddle with him, I am not his dog. Toni is his dog. Martha, the boy cat, has been sitting with him a lot since we returned from our last trip. He thought that Martha must have missed him. Martha told me that was not the case! Martha had taken over his chair in his absence and would really prefer to sit there alone. Martha is quite heavy and even though HeWho is our Dad complains about Martha's weight, he will not take the hint and leave the chair to Martha!

These men came in our house the other day. Just walked right in. I had never seen them before, but mom scooped me up before I could defend my territory! One of them even reached out to pet me and Mom asked him if he wanted to keep his fingers. I prefer to bite ankles, myself. It is funny to watch big men run from me. I could tell that Mom wasn't liking the men and I was ready and willing to attack.

I heard her tell Dad that she should have let me have my way with them! She said she knew that the dogs could tell she didn't like them and that if I went into attack mode, all of us dogs would follow. It really would have been great fun, you know.

I got really cold last! They checked the weather at our new house and it was't a cold there. I wish we were there! Mom says she wishes that we were there, too. Martha keeps asking me questions about it. I told him about the woods and he said he would be ready to explore. I told him abot the stream that has some fish in it. Martha is not a big fan of fish. He prefers rabbits and birds. He told me he had a refined palate. I am not sure what that is and told him to stop acting so uppity!

Life is pretty boring right now. Everyday is just more boxes and that loud tape Mom puts on them. Then she writes on the box. She calls it labeling and she asked HeWho is our Dad if he was labeling his boxes. He said he was, but she decided to check. He labeled one box "table beside my chair". 

Mom asked him if the box contained a table. When he said it didn't and she asked what was in the box, he said the stuff that was in the table beside his chair. Then she asked if the stuff in the box was going to be in table beside his chair in the new house. He said he didn't know. So she asked him what exactly was in the box and to please not tell her that he scooped everything into the box that was in and on the table beside his chair.

He has a pained expression on his face. She said, "You did, didn't you?" He didn't answer her. So she told him that she assumed it had everything he laid on that table in the box. Then she started naming all the things she cleans off that table. Loose change, pocket lint, candy wrappers, old reciepts that do not need to be kept. She told him that she would most likely repack his boxes in order to not move trash!!

She was not happy about it. I don't know why she told him to pack anything, she has always said that he doesn't know how. Wouldn't it be simpler to just do it herself? I am not gong to ask her. You can if you want.

5 comments:

River said...

oh Cujo, you made me laugh with Dad just scooping everything off that table into a box. I did a similar thing in my last move. There was a LOT to throw out when I unpacked at the other end.

Joanne Noragon said...

The worst part of moving. Worse even than unpacking.

Val said...

Good thing Martha was on the chair, and not on the TABLE beside the chair!

Write from the Heart said...

Glad you are barking less. This post is hilarious through the eyes of Cujo. I know you will be glad to move on. Is that happeneinga ny time soon? Or are you still in holding pattern?
Packing trash...that could be a story!

Donna. W said...

I enjoy your dogs doing some of your blog entries. Some of my favorite books are in the Chet and Bernie series, where Chet, the dog, narrates the stories. This reminds me of how Chet tells a story.