Sunday, January 23, 2022

Another Long Day

 Another night in the cold bed of the RV. Today I taped plastic trash bags around those windows. I have at the very least 4 more nights to spend in there. The washer and dryer are on marketplace and someone is coming to see them. My new house has a stackable unit in place. The fridge will be out the door tomorrow.

I have been loading the RV all day. The two bedrooms here have been vacuumed and the doors closed to keep the heat in the living area. The kitchen cabinets are all empty as I have been carrying loads out to the camper all day. HeWho decided not to take his old people recliner and he has been holding it down all day unless he has found an errand to run. Fine with me, he tends to get in my way, like a toddler underfoot. He helps me carry stuff out and then rests while I put it all away. 

Still lots of odds and ends on the counters waiting to be tucked away. My car will hold all the canned goods we have yet to eat. Tomorrow I will start loading it and help load the flatbed trailer, lest HeWho decides to "forget" some of my gardening stuff. Meantime we wait to hear a closing time.

Some long time used to be campers took us out last night. They have moved, but it was fun to get together with them. Friends will remain friends, you know. The world is a smaller place with all the ways to communicate. I hope they will visit.

With only one bedroom, we have the RV for guests. Just not in the winter! I am anxious to see if my plastic holds the chill back. The warmest "room" in the camper is the bathroom. I toyed with thoughts of bedding down in the floor. Although I am a short person, I would not be able to stretch completely out, but I can't do that in the bed, either. The doxies prefer to have my body curled protectively around them. I don't mind so much because they are so warm.

Last night, though, Cujo snored. He insisted on having his head on my pillow next to my head. The breed can be quite stubborn. Eddie was under the covers right next to my chest and abdomen. I turned away from Cujo and was delighted to have Eddie warming my back. It was like when you turn over and your cold side is in the warm spot in the bed.

It was so nice until suddenly he was gone! I turned back over and saw that HeWho was cold, too, had stolen my back warmer! "PUT HIM BACK!" I said in my most no-nonsense tone. He whined that he was cold and I told him to invite his own dog to warm him.

Toni Louise had decided to sleep on the floor next to a heater vent and Bo was under the covers at my feet. Cujo was never a candidate. HeWho could pull him over to him, but he wouldn't stay. He would lie, waiting for an opportunity to escape and come back to me.  It is not my fault that all the animals love me the most, is it?

So much left to do, and here I sit. Binge reading my favorite blogs and waiting for my back to un-spasm. It is a shame I can't cook tonight .....

6 comments:

Jim Davis said...

Your account of trying to stay warm in an RV brings back memories, and a lot of them are not pleasant. We had a quad slide Beaver for a number of years and when it got really cold it was not fun. Sounds like you are just about out of there and on your way. But I am curious, who is running the park while you are packing and getting ready to leave?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

In answer to your question, Jim Davis, we are. Not with a good attitude, either. We are still answering phone calls, but taking no reservations since I can't quote prices and have no idea of the check-in or check-out times. Had the sellers not involved an "investor" with a condescending attitude towards me, I would be more likely to help their future success. But now I just don't care. Here it is the end of January and we still have no closing date or time! I suppose I shouldn't have called the bank manager an idiot, but sometimes you just have to call it as you see it. The contract actually ended on the 20th and I have fantasies of showing up to the closing and letting them proceed to the end, then refuse to sign until we renegotiate. Just a fantasy, as I want to see this place in my rearview mirror!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Sucks when you are cold at night and have long ass days

Bohemian said...

Sounds like you will be quite ready to close this Chapter and have it behind you in the Rear View Mirror!

Joanne Noragon said...

Kathy, I pray this ends quickly and favorably--for you!

Jim Davis said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Your attitude is completely understandable given how much these people have jerked you around. I suspect that the bank manager is not the only idiot you have been dealing with in the process, sounds like there are several. Hang in there, this crapshow will be over soon and you guys can be on your way. Wishing you the best.