Monday, January 31, 2022

The Voyage, Part 2

 After the car was cleaned of vomit, the trip resumed. In answer to why I was not in the lead, is because someone had to look out for the contents of the trailer. Good thing I was there to make him pull over and strap it the right way! Even if my "suggestions" had to be pondered before being implemented.

The canines were more than ready for a nap after the morning's commotions. I listened to a mystery and when the book was finished had to hunt some music on the radio of a more lively nature.

We stopped once for fuel and topped off my tank although I have over half a tank left. The late afternoon sun was beginning to descend in the west casting shadows of the naked trees on the road. It was having a hypnotic effect on my fatigue, and I needed something to keep myself alert. I pinched my sore thumb from time to time and that worked pretty well. I thought about singing at the top of my voice, then thought better of it. Bo would join in and the other three would howl. All within the confines of the car and it was too cold to lower the windows. It was nearly 4:00 CST, and 5:00 EST.

Since I will be living on eastern standard time, I made an executive decision to stop for the night. As luck would have it, HeWho must have been thinking the same thing called to ask if I still wanted to make it to Nashville. I shared my thoughts with him, and we stopped in Cadiz, KY for the night. We had not stopped for lunch and saw a Cracker Barrel close by. 

It would have been nice to go and sit down in a restaurant to eat, but neither vehicle had room for a passenger, so HeWho was promoted to food procurement while I tried to pick up things that had become unsettled during the detour on the pot holed road. In doing so, I found the bandaids and doctored my thumb. Then I cleaned the litter box, preventing Toni Louise form extracting any "treats".

The dining area of the RV is completely inhabited with all the stuff loaded by HeWho does not know how to pack. We ate dinner in the bed. The only place to sit other than the toilet. Decided not to turn the water on and leave it winterized, since taking a shower would involve quite a production of moving lots of items. The shower is housing the litter box, as well as the cat food self-feeder and three bins of household cleaning products and other stuff. We will be at our new home tomorrow afternoon, and I can shower then.

Martha spent the entire ride in the bed, completely unconcerned about anything around him. Dora, the adorable turtle is a bit stressed and refused to eat. She can go without food for three days with no problem, but she has had an increasing appetite lately. She is not happy in the sink. Just so you know, she is in a smaller container in the sink. It is clear, but she is used to a bigger habitat with a nice view. She should be fine once I get her settled in her new surroundings tomorrow. We are only about 4 or 5 hours away, depending on road conditions. 

And now I sleep. I hope. This bed is so short that my feet reach the end of the mattress. Well, when I am allowed to stretch out. Martha is a bit of a bully.

5 comments:

sgsmith said...

Almost there!

Cora Bakker said...

WOW! What an Adventure! It should become a Film! Hoping you reach Home safely,specially if the Storm catches you underway! Hope not...

Joanne Noragon said...

We're still cheering for you! You will make it.

RunNRose said...

Yes, my daughter didnt miss a beat. She said, "Mom, she had to follow to keep an eye on that tarp!". Sometimes I just don't think things through before I open my mouth (or type a comment!) Simce you had time to post, I'm hooing things are settling down a wee bit now. I'm wondering how weather might be a factor in your moving in adventures, Thanks for the effort to post! i have been checking several times a day; so anxious to know how the trip was going.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Sounds like a bit of a rough trip