Saturday, January 22, 2022

I Am Being Punished!

 We have the RV parked right in front of the door to the office. Plugged in to just a 20 amp service, but easy to get into the building. Last night we just carried the canines to bed. I carried Eddie and Mr. BoJangles together, knowing Cujo would be hot on heels. I don't know that there is a temptation that would lure him away from me. I am his safety.

Last night was COLD. I left my leggings and socks on when I got into bed. I made the mistake of sticking my hand under my pillow and came back with frosty fingers. The air was warm, but it did not penetrate the surfaces closest to windows. HeWho hates multiple pillows on chairs and sofas, wants at least two pillows on his side of the bed. We have lots of bed pillows, king sized pillows. I ended up putting the extra pillows in front of the two tiny windows at the head of the bed to block the cold air.

When I went to sleep, my toes thawed and it got too hot. I toed my socks off and eventually ditched the leggings under the covers. This morning when Bo snuffled my neck with his cold nose, I lay very still as I planned how to locate my socks and leggings without leaving the warm covers, then I would slip out and into my shoes and walked the 10 feet into the building.

Once again, my plan did not go so well. I had to brave the cold to find my clothes. Toni and Bo were into their usual morning routine of growling and play fighting while the doxies whined to be lifted down from the bed. I didn't bother to ask for help. I just picked up Toni Louise, the escape artist, and told the remaining three to stay close. I had to unlock the door and the doxies were so close I would have tripped had I turned around. Bo took the opportunity to water the post and then they all ran gleefully into the building and headed to the back door and their yard.

I made the coffee, I drank the coffee. Now the scattered mess from the movers awaits my attention. Then there is the fridge and freezer to deal with, but unless we get a last minute call from the bank, we won't close until Monday. This means several more nights of "camping". So I have time aplenty to achieve my goals. 

The movers will be at our new home Wednesday. I am not sure what might be involved in correcting the mistake on the deed. The underwriters at the bank are "working on it". The bank involved is right here in the county seat, so how difficult can it be? Am I being punished? For what? Who knows?

4 comments:

Cora Bakker said...

WOW! Am following your Saga from Downunder in Brazil. 1st. Love your way of writing. Then your Great Humour, and all the Adventures, the "Dealings" w/ "Customers" and I really wish that it all turns OK!!! Snow storms up there? On the way down south? Hope not....Cora in Holambra/SP..Brazil

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm praying for you. And wishing and thinking good thoughts.

Val said...

Imagining you carrying Toni Louise makes me think of that John Ritter movie, "Problem Child," where the obnoxious kid kept getting left on assorted doorsteps, even after his gangly legs and arms would no longer fit in his baby basket!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Yeah it must feel like you are being punished