Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trash Day

Tuesday is the day the truck comes out to empty the dumpster. I usually try to get all the waste baskets emptied and get it all out there so that I can start the week with empty cans everywhere. I do not know what happened this past weekend, but the dumpster was overflowing. We weren't that busy, but it looked like we had had a three day holiday with a full campground. I suppose everyone was spring cleaning........

So I put off doing the big cleaning job in the rest rooms. I was gone all morning and most of the afternoon and decided to tackle the necessary cleaning. Boy, that put me in a foul mood. It rained buckets all day yesterday and I didn't even check them. I should have. The lights were on and the toilets were disgusting. How hard is it to flush the toilet? The men's room toilet had apparently been used as an ashtray as well as not having been flushed. Makes me wonder if this is how these people live at home. Why did I think owning a campground would be fun?

From there I went to check my garden. Shouldn't have done that either. First was the pile of dog poo in the grass and then the dog tracks through my vegetable garden. I know who did it, but what can I do? I am tempted to take the poo I picked up along with all the poo I can find in my back yard and deposit it on the steps of their RV. They aren't here at the moment or I would go over and ask if they saw anyone in my garden while I was gone. I have been known to grab a handy-dandy WalMart bag and chase people who I see let their dog do his business and not bother to clean up the mess........ but I didn't see this happen, so they have deniability. I don't think that is a word, but we all know what I mean.

I went for my annual pap-smear and breast exam today, so already the day is not fun. I try to get this done at least every three years or so. I know, I know. I do realize how important it is, but life gets in the way. The worst part of the whole thing is stepping on the scales. I hate to be reminded that I now weigh 50 lbs more than I weighed full-term pregnant with twins. I just don't know how that happened. I do enjoy food, but I don't eat that much. In fact I didn't eat at all today until I got home. You know you weight a lot less if you starve yourself before they weigh you, right?

I had three messages upon my return. A pipe line is being built not far from us and I have had groups of surveyors staying here on a monthly basis. Now the workers are coming and will use every full hook-up site I have and will be here from 6 to 9 months. I am thankful for the steady income it will provide. They are due to begin pulling in any day now. The calls are from the frantic ones who waited until the very last minute to book a site. The phone call I just took went like this........ "Have ya'll got any campsites?" asks the good ole boy from Texas. Unable to help myself, I said, "Well, yes, that's what I do here." Fortunately he had a sense of humor and started laughing. All I could do as put him on a waiting list in case someone cancels. I am charging them my normal rate for a monthly. It didn't occur to me that I should inflate my rates. The campground a few miles eats of me is doing just that and charging over twice my rate. I wonder how many will be return customers if they find themselves working in this area in the future. I feel so noble.

Now that I am finished patting myself on the back I shall venture on to the rest of the trashcans ans rest rooms to see what I can gripe about...............I am confidant there will be something.

4 comments:

scarlethue said...

Tuesdays are always the worst, aren't they?

lovelyprism said...

I feel for you... men's restrooms are ALWAYS disgusting. would it make you feel any better to know the beautiful new puppy ate my strawberry plant? lol
And deniability IS a word, I'm sure of it!

Nancy said...

I don't even like to clean my own bathrooms - you're a saint.

And I am having a hard time with non-poop picker upers too. Is that a word? Anyway, on vacation, we walked on a trail used by many along the ocean and there was tons of little poops! We always pick up after our lab - what's with the people of little dogs just leaving it? Do they think their dog's @#%& doesn't stink??

scarlethue said...

That blog for your grandson and his dog is so cute! I know he gets a kick out of it.

Reminds me of the reason my parents decided to get a small dog-- they kept my Bub while I was living in London, and mom loved having him follow her around and sit in her lap. Their great dane mix and lab aren't very good lap dogs! Daisy will be though. I bet when Gavin takes Wall-E back you'll end up getting yourself a new "follow" dog. :)