Friday, April 17, 2009

Reservations

The "season" has arrived. This is the wonderful time of year that lets my life be dictated by customers.... in person and on the phone. Bathroom breaks can be interrupted very abruptly; food is consumed at odd intervals and my chain of thought is interrupted with regularity. So if my posts are more like the ramblings of a mad woman I apologize in advance.

The store is closed and I had just settled down to catch up on all my favorite blogs. The dogs were all settled beside me and I was happily logging on when the phone that I had left in the other room called out to me with it's shrill voice. I had to get up out of my comfy spot and retrieve the hateful intruder. I answer in my fake cheery tone with the name of our campground. The caller says, "Hey, this is T (his last name), how are ya'll doin tonight?" Without really waiting for an answer he says, "My buddy wanted me to let you know he had to go to a different job and won't be coming."I assume that he is with a group of RVs coming in next month and head into the office to look at my pending reservations and see his name. "What is your friends name?" I ask. "Uh, his wife made the reservation and her name is Sue." was his reply. "I really will need the last name to cancel the reservation." I tell him. "So, you don't have a reservation for a Sue?" he asks hopefully.

This is what my life will be like for the next few months. As annoying as it is, I don't lack for entertainment........

6 comments:

Nancy said...

LOL! Good luck with that~

Andrea said...

Don't you just love folks like that. I was commenting to my co-worker yesterday that it seems some folks can't figure out their own lives so they leave it to us!

Enjoy your spring and summer - it sounds like it'll be entertaining!

scarlethue said...

Haha, Kathy, glad to provide some food for thought.

I bet you see all kinds of people in your job don't you? I look forward to some more great stories.

Unknown said...

Haha..not laughing at you, but with you...don't you just love intelligent people that test your patience like that?

Makes me worry about people.

I am hoping to hear more wonderful stories about the campground.

Hit 40 said...

Oh my... this sounds like a delightful call. I am impressed with your politeness. I would have told him to have them call me and hung up.

I have very little patience. Not good as a teacher. I have learned to count to 10 for the kids.

Zaina said...

lol, that will definetly keep you busy, but at least youll get to hear alot of different stories :)
xo zee