Monday, April 6, 2009

Addicted to the Blog....

I am not a computer person. I don't know how to type, I kind of peck this out with a style that is mine alone. I only know how to do what has been shown to me and what little I have learned by trial and error and I never thought I would be on the computer as much as I now find myself. I usually read my e-mail just to make sure I don't have any reservations hanging out in limbo. Our website links to my e-mail.....or it is supposed to. Husband created said website and my kids occasionally go on it to tell me what should be changed. It seems that spelling isn't one of his strong points and he tends to capitalize in mid sentence words that don't need to be.


That being said, the only reason I ever created my account on blog spot was to follow my daughter's blog. It wasn't enough that I read it, she was trying to get more followers than her friend. Then she started encouraging me to write my own blog, really more like harassing me. I have been working on a book for a couple of years about owning this campground. I would like to publish it, but I know that I can't even think about it until I no longer own this place. Would you want to come here if you knew you end up having some embarrassing, albeit hilarious, incident about yourself become material for my book?


I have become addicted to this blogging adventure. I can't wait to open the computer every morning to read all my favorite blogs and most especially to read the comments on my blog. Nothing is more encouraging than a kind word from some one who only knows you through the stories you share. I am always surprised that someone likes what I write--gee, that sounded like Sally Field gushing about being liked.


I love to tell stories---just ask my kids. Sometimes I worry that I might be boring people, sometimes I know I am. They get that glazed look in their eyes like a trapped animal. This way, if you don't want to read it--leave it. No story comes to mind tonight, though. Maybe tomorrow Iwill regale with some wonderful and amazing anecdote. Who knows.......

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Let me be the first to say that I look forward to reading your stories everyday - I feel like I'm getting to know you and can definitely relate to many of them (the gutter saga sounds vaguely familiar - might have had a few similar situations with my hubby)!

Keep it coming!

Jilly said...

Nick told me you called and I don't know how to do what you want to do. Did you ask dad? HA HA HA

Nancy said...

We love your stories. You may be right about the book. Just keep detailed notes!

I'm way more into the blogging than I ever thought I would be, as well. My daughter is also a blogger and I sort of hung on to her blog and friends for a while, but finally decided I needed to find my own friends. It has opened up a new world!

Missy said...

I'm new to blogging so just read yours for the first time today. Struck me as funny since I'm writing a book that I may have to wait for people to pass on before I let anyone see it....lest they hunt me down and hurt me. They are so entertaining I just have to write about it!

lovelyprism said...

I am constantly amazed how much we have in common. I type with maybe 3 fingers lol. And someone else practically forced me to start a blog. But here we are! I'm glad we're here together.