Friday, April 10, 2009

Still Sleepy

I still haven't quite "caught up" with my loss of sleep.... as if you really could. I am feeling much better, though. Thanks for all your kind comments on the subject.


My mother was a poor sleeper. She attributed it to the cycle of the moon. She swore that if the moon were full she wouldn't sleep a wink. Of course she took a nap daily and woe be unto the person to interrupt that nap. In her later years she developed restless leg syndrome; however she named her condition the "heebie jeebies". I don't look at the moon lest I jinx myself into anticipating a sleepless night. I have always preferred to think that I am more like my dad than my mom. I can see parts of his likeness in the mirror, but I also see Mother. Can't be helped, I suppose; we are what we are.


I ask love of my life to tell me what actor would portray me in a movie about me. He is still pondering, trying to come up with someone. So far we have agreed it would be Kathy Bates. I think he is afraid that it offends me. Maybe if I were younger, I suppose; maybe. I find as I age I care less about how I look than how I feel. Personally I think she is a wonderful actress and we do share a same body type--love of my life says I am much smaller. I guess that is why he is the love of my life...... When asked the same question about himself, he said Tom Cruise. I suppose it was rude of me to laugh so hard; but all I could think of was Fred Flintstone. I chose not to share that with him and told him I thought he was more like George Clooney. Ahhh, the eyes of love!


I am still not thinking too clearly, still longing for more sleep. All my thoughts are running into each other inside my head making it almost impossible to narrow them down to an intelligent post. It is rainy and cold, so I am going to have a cup of tea and watch Lifetime, and if I am lucky enough to have silence from the phone and buzzer I may even catch a little nap.........

8 comments:

scarlethue said...

I hope you do get that nap. I may take one too. Thank goodness my boss gave me the afternoon off-- I needed it.

Hit 40 said...

Rainy and cold here also :-( Not sure who would play my hubby?? I would like to be played by Julia Roberts.

Jilly said...

Kathy Bates is an okay choice but you're definitely prettier than her. For dad... Chevy Chase. Don't ya think?

JOY said...

Not being able to sleep is rough. Hope you get some good zzzzz's soon! I love Kathy Bates - she's a great actress and very versatile in how she looks in films. She can look sexy, attractive and then frumpy and old.

So you're a dog lady too! Yay! It's rough to lose 2 dogs in one year. My hubby & I are finally talking about all the things the dogs would do that made us laugh and love them so much, which we still do.

No full moon tonight so sleep tight!

Nancy said...

I always had children up all night - one was asthmatic so we had to do breath treatments sometimes four times a night.

I had to have 20 minutes - every day - or I just couldn't make it through the evening.

Of course, that was the exact time they needed something... :-)

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Fred Flinstone! Brilliant. Not Homer Simpson Then?!

Jo said...

I had a nap yesterday afternoon. It was wonderful.

I had an awful bout of insomnia a few years ago. Nothing worked. I finally discovered I was anemic, and one of the symptoms of anemia is insomnia. Once I started taking iron pills, the insomnia vanished.

I have now discovered that if I take a Caltrate chewable calcium tablet right at bedtime, it acts as a sleeping pill. A glass of warm milk together with a chewable Caltrate, and I am zonked right out. Give it a try and let me know how you do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.