Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

I am chronically sleep deprived. I feel like a new mother. I get a series of naps through the night and after a few weeks of this I become pretty crabby. I always let Drew sleep. I feel like it is the least I can do, since he has to work an extra job. It's not that I think he works any harder than I do.....


Take last night, for instance. I don't even try to go to sleep before he comes home from work anymore because Wall-E will bark and wake me. He gets home around 11:45, so at best I will go to sleep at midnight. That wouldn't be so bad if I was allowed to sleep until morning. With three dogs in the bed and a crazy old cat it is guaranteed that I will have to get up at least once. Last night at 2:30 love of my life got up to go to the bathroom. It woke me up and I was lying super still hoping that the dogs wouldn't realize he was up and want to go out. If he had simply come back to bed it would have worked. But he decided to open the wood stove (the door creaks) and heave all the wood available into it. All three dogs jumped up at the sound and guess who took them out? The added wood made it way too hot to sleep and I don't know how long I lay there trying to get back to sleep. Seems like I had just dozed off when Crazy Cat decided to relieve himself on the rug beside our bed. The pungent aroma pulled me out of a dream as I felt Wall-E leap out of the bed to investigate this intriguing event ( I could actually hear Wall-E singing to himself..."whatever it is I think I see, becomes a tootsie roll to me...") I jumped out of the bed, grabbed the rug with it's wonderful content and took the mess out side.It is 4:30 am as I wake the other two dogs by opening the door and they all took another trip outside. Love of my life slept through this. This annoyed me as I once again climbed into bed. I guess I should be glad he didn't get up and add wood to the stove. He has a mattress warmer on and I can see a sheen of sweat on his brow. I fantasize about pouring a pitcher of ice water on him as I finally drift off to sleep once again. It wasn't quite 6:45 when the phone woke me up. I didn't find the phone before they hung up and the read out was "caller unknown". I lay back down and slept until 8:00.


As I write this I am on a coffee overload and my heartbeat is irregular. Drew has gone to work after having slept until 10:00. I would take a nap, but I know that even if I lock the store and put a sign in the window that some one would wander up and pull on the door making the buzzer sound and wake me....or the phone would surely ring. Drew tells me that I am to wake him to care for the animals tonight. Sounds good in theory, but if I have to wake him, won't I already be awake? I give up.

8 comments:

Hit 40 said...

I have had plenty of caffeine today too!! Good stuff. We put our cats in the basement at night. I need my beauty sleep :-)

Missy said...

I got frustrated just reading about your frustration. Why is it always the woman who gets up and the man snores right through it all? Got your comment....it is my relatives I'm writing about. My in-laws to be exact, which means they would have no mercy!

scarlethue said...

I usually get woken up at least 2 times during the night too, at least once by my bladder. Husband sleeps through the night, no problem. I HATE when he comes to bed 15-30 minutes after me (which he does a lot, he always thinks he's not as tired as he really is) because he wakes me up, falls asleep right away, and leaves me laying there for an hour, angry.

If I were you, I'd kick the animals out of the room-- we had to do that with ours, and it really helped.

Purple Energy said...

Linda Goodman’s, Tesla Purple Positive Energy Plates are now available in INDIA.Processed & Developed by VEDIC RESEARCH & INNOVATIONS, Uttranchal, these plates are designed for LIFE LONG USE on Human’s, Animals & Plants.These are UNIVERSAL FREE ENERGY PRODUCTS [Pran] & are the only Natural Tools to provide protection from ELECTRO MAGNETIC RADIATION which results in all kinds of COMPUTER RELATED INJURIES, ie- Pain, Stress, Fatigue, Depression, Suicidal Tendencies
It is a Multiutility product, which PROVIDES RELIEF WITHIN 20 MINUTES in MIGRAINE, BACK PAIN, SPONDALITIES, NAUSEA & VOMITING ,Cuts, Burns etc, etc WITHIN 20 MINUTES IN No body contact is necessary. It’s a perfect Pain Reliever & u wouldn’t have to rush to HOSPITAL for a sudden Spondalities attack or a SUDDEN TOOTHACHE, Migraine or whatever, if u have a purple plate with u.
Linda Goodman In her book, STAR SIGNS, write about the purple energy plates & how it can really change anybody’s life & why Pregnant Mothers treat these plates as a precious jewel & how one can use these ESOTERIC plates to influence others

INSOMNIA,EPILLEPSY & OTHER MENTAL DISORDERS.
Simply place the Tesla Plate beneath the pillow & Experience the blissful SLEEP
Please visit for catalogue!!!! http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/uu148/teslaindia_photos/
Linda Goodman’s Superb Tesla Purple Positive Energy Plates may be the RIGHT GIFT for someone near & dear, who wants to relax, sleep better, meditate, block out unwanted noises, enhance concentration, or feel more alert, comfortable & ENERGISED.
For Vedic Research & Innovations
Krisshan Kant Sundriyal
B 23 2nd Floor Sector 65
NOIDA : UP : INDIA
Email & Messenger : vedicresearch_innovations@rediffmail.com/hotmail.com/yahoo.com
# 09873287974
Skype: purpleenergy: +9101204563658
WEB: purpleenergyproducts.comBulk Purchases: email to : purpleenergyplates@gmail.com

Kathi said...

I just had to comment on the cat in the night and the tootsie roll song. Laughed out loud with that one! I sleep with two dogs and occasionally a cat or two. My sleep,or lack of it, was just like yours until I found better living through chemistry! One Trazadone 100mg at bedtime and I sleep like a baby ALL night. Talk to your doc. There may be hope!?

Anonymous said...

Before you buy Purple Energy Plates from Krishan Kant Sundriyal – who claims selling the original ones as described by Linda Goodman - I advise you to contact us first! We are located in Belgium and we don't mind to share our experiences so that you won't go through the same ones. Contact me on dim-school@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Before you buy Purple Energy Plates from Krishan Kant Sundriyal – who claims selling the original ones as described by Linda Goodman - I advise you to contact us first! We are located in Belgium and we don't mind to share our experiences so that you won't go through the same ones. Contact me on dim-school@hotmail.com

Erik's RV Blog said...

I commented earlier but you said it exactly here. Naps, normal people sleep, I take naps through the night and it stinks.

I'm sorry to see somebody else going through the same thing.

Erik