Monday, April 13, 2009

Sleep Crisis Continues

I continue to gather my sleep in 2-3 hour naps. Last night was no different. After my fourth trip to take out the animals this morning at 6:30, I crawled back into my cocoon of warm covers and fell back to sleep immediately.... until the phone rang. I answered it and stayed in bed. Drew got up, and after dressing left the room. I finished the call and came out to find that he had made coffee for me. Bless his heart. This stuff was SOOOO strong. I don't know exactly how much coffee he used, but I had to dilute it with water to drink it and am now wondering if I will ever sleep again. He meant well. Didn't he?


While I was so sick this past winter I "played" with the computer a lot---a whole lot. I joined a few survey sites and I read e-mail for points and money. Love of my life has kind of joked about my "jobs" and has wondered if any of them will actually pay me. I earn 2 cents for every e-mail I read on one site and I earn points on another. One of them simply offers the opportunity to win various sweepstakes. It takes minimal time to keep up with them and it certainly isn't hard to do. I received an e-mail this past weekend---I won a $250.00 gift card on Amazon!! I ordered a digital camera--a Nikon. I am so excited! I have a really wonderful Nikon with an extra zoom lens that I absolutely love, but I have to drive 23 miles to develop the film and then load the disc onto the computer to send photos. The new camera is wi-fi compatible and I will be able to e-mail straight from the camera. And I didn't spend a penny!! So there, husband of mine!


Now I will go forth and make use of my caffeine "high". My inability to concentrate makes it a challenge to post anything. I am hoping that the dogs will soon acclimate to each other and allow me to sleep. A customer offered me a St. Bernard puppy the other day..... they aren't born yet. When I mentioned the offer to hubby he proclaimed, "Absolutely Not!!!!!". Then asked, "What does it look like?". He would be more likely than me to accept another dog into our harem. He is such a sucker for a cute face. For me, it is the sweet puppy breath along with the puppy kisses. It hasn't been a year since Louise died and I am still finding her fur in odd places. As I write this I am listening to crazy cat snore. He has lost a lot of weight and sleeps 90% of the time. He is still quite affectionate, though and I don't think he is in any pain. I may need that new little life if Crazy Cat continues to deteriorate........

5 comments:

scarlethue said...

Wow that's so cool, congratulations!

I know what you mean about puppies. I've got puppy envy right now too, but I'm resisting. A dog and a cat is enough for us right now... I can hardly keep up with the furballs as it is. A St. Bernard though, how cute, and how HUGE!

Sorry about Crazy Cat. I hope she feels better soon. Losing an animal family member to me is just as hard a human. I'm sure with you as her momma she has had a very happy life.

Andrea said...

I say go for the puppy. Let him sleep in your bed. Maybe love of your life will go on the couch occasionally and you'll be able to get a good night's sleep.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

We already have three dogs in the bed.....

scarlethue said...

Definitely no instruction manual included. My brothers and I are all so different. One day soon I'll post about my little brother. But we're all from the same parents, so the genes are the same, and we were all raised the same. My older brother's problems affected the way my little brother and I grew up, though, that's for sure. But looking back, there's nothing else my parents could have done for him. He is the way he is regardless of them or us or anything we do.

Nancy said...

Congrats on the camera. We can't wait for pictures!

Sorry about the sleep.