Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Camera

My new camera came today. Now I have to figure out all the features on it. I wish my son was here. I would make him read all the stuff, then just show me what to do. He would, too. He might not want to, but then I would complain to my sweet daughter-in-law and she would persuade him to be a good son....... My son is the peace maker and worrier of our family. He is sweet and sensitive and always cognizant of the feelings of others. He is funny and fun to be around. I didn't set out to write about him tonight, it just happened. He has been on my mind today.

Jeff is a twin. He is younger than his sister by just minutes and he was the smaller of the two. They were sort of a surprise. We only had 10 days to prepare for two babies. In that time Jeff decided that he wasn't going to cooperate and turned around. He entered the world feet first. Maybe he was just being considerate of his sister and not only let her go first, but gave her a little help with his feet. Or maybe he really should have stayed awhile longer to grow a bit. He weighed in at 5 lbs 2 ounces and didn't have any of the reflexes needed to survive. He struggled to breathe and didn't know how to suck. His hands and feet were way too big for his tiny body that was covered with downy hair, giving him the appearance of a little monkey-albeit a cute one.

His sister, Jill, on the other hand was tiny perfection. She weighed 7 ounces more and looked like a little porcelain doll. She cried daintily upon entering the world and reached her little hands out beseechingly to be held, I suppose. One look at her and I was smitten with love. They were both swept away to the preemie unit. This was almost 34 years ago and they were both considered to be high risk. The octomom wouldn't have stood a chance then.

I don't know what took me there tonight, just missing my babies, I suppose. Guess I'll go read about my new camera since my favorite son isn't here. Pictures are coming............

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby!!! And...what kind of new baby did we have?

Do tell....


Great post about your "babies"!!!

Faithful said...

I love to read about Moms that love their adult children to no end and want them around. I know I sure do like mine.
It is a good feeling to have a son you can count on, too.

Andrea said...

34 years ago - probably feels like yesterday. I know it does when I think about my two grown children. It all goes so fast!

Can't wait for pictures!

scarlethue said...

What kind did you get? I'm still figuring out my new camera a month later. Those manuals are no help!

Jilly said...

Are you saying I'm not dainty anymore?!? HA HA HA

Kathy's Klothesline said...

LotS--It is a Nikon Coolpix with wi-fi and I am still reading the manual. I am more confused than when I started....

Faithful--Seems like they became more like friends after they had kids. Yep, I like them a lot.

Andrea--You are so right, it seems like yesterday that I held them in my arms, now I hold them in my heart....

Scarlethue--I would rip this manual in half if it weren't so thick. Who writes these things?!!?

Jill--of course you are dainty and petite...just like me! You will always be my little girl.

Jilly said...

Why so sappy today? It makes me a little sad :(
We will see you before you know it and then you'll be glad to be rid of us for awhile!
I love you... TONS!!!

Nancy said...

I never read the instructions, either. I ask my husband to read them and then just "give me the facts."

I go on those tangents of missing my babies, too. Your son sounds like a "keeper."

Nancy said...

Oh, and your daughter, too. LOL

lovelyprism said...

This is a perfect example of why we have children. My children just seem to innately know how to use any new technological thing! When I have computer issues, I yell for the daughter.

scarlethue said...

Interesting that someone who's a traveller like you would wind up working for a place designed for those just like you, those who take home with them wherever they go. :)