Thursday, April 30, 2009

Power Tools

Love of my life is at work. He told me that I could not use the skill saw. He is afraid that I will cut my fingers off. How condescending can he get? I am not an idiot and I take more safety precautions than he ever thought of. This from someone who accidentally cut his forehead with a CHAINSAW! In answer to my first question after he finally confessed what he had done... No, he was not wearing any eye protection!!

I moved the refrigerator last week and want to put cabinets in it's place to increase my counter top. We have some cabinets in what used to be the dining room along one wall. I have measured and I already knew they would need to be altered to fit. As I already mentioned I am not an idiot. It is all a math problem; not that much different from sewing. Well, he made the mistake of telling me that this little project would have to wait until fall. Like I would be satisfied with that!

He is due home in about an hour and I am proud to announce that I found a skill saw and have taken apart and rebuilt the base cabinet to fit my area and all I need to do is put the shelves back in and the doors back on! And I still have all my fingers...and toes! I wore shoes and safety glasses! I do have to admit that I think I may have pulled a muscle in my neck, but he doesn't read this and I am not telling him that part......

Today is cloudy and periodically misting rain. I did venture out to see all the little seedlings popping through the dirt in my garden. I love this time of year. I spent all day yesterday weeding flower gardens. Everything is so wet that you can hear the ground sucking up the water. Makes weeding really easy. I like to pull the weeds and grass by hand. There is something so satisfying about pulling the roots and all up. I thought I had only been at it for a couple of hours, but I weeded for six hours and my muscles were screaming last night. I swear I had a charley-horse in my butt!

Guess I should cook something. Wonder if he will notice the cabinet base?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Man you are incredible. Love of your life is one lucky man!

Hit 40 said...

Emmy the rabbit slayer LMAO!!

Hit 40 said...

And... I tried pulling the weeds too. This year - I am pissed that the weeds found many friends. I plan to stock up on round up!!!

Nancy said...

You are beyond amazing. I am a total clutz at power tools.

Sandi McBride said...

What, no pictures of your handywork??? For SHAME!!! Come on now, don't keep us in suspense!
Sandi
ps
Men, don't you just love that little woman attitude, lol? NOT

lovelyprism said...

Well done! And where are the pictures? We know you have a new camera!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Pictures.....still haven't mastered the new camera. Spring isn't a good time to try anything new around here that involves reading and understanding. I am so bone tired by bedtime my eyes are crossed. Soon, though.