Sunday, January 13, 2019

A Little Boredom Comes My Way

Looks like we got about 2 feet of heavy wet snow. We measured the accumulation on the top of the picnic table. Some of the drifts are a lot higher. It is not currently falling and the temperature is dropping.

You would think I could lock the door and just sit in front of the TV and sip hot drinks wound tightly in a throw with dogs atop my lap, getting up only to empty my bladder or the dogs' bladders and refresh my beverage. Who would be out in this weather? Just because I have cabin fever doesn't mean everybody else does ….. or does it?

HeWho has been without his morning trip to McDonalds for 3 days! His truck is pretty much stuck and he can't cruise around the park or run any useless errands. The situation is near critical.

A Fed-X semi with double trailers was stuck in our parking lot most of the day yesterday waiting for a tow. My "no turn around" sign was buried in snow. Won't know if he damaged anything until the meltdown occurs.

The dogs are not happy to venture out. Toni Louise spent a very long time diving into the snow searching for a bone she thought she had left in the yard. She managed to plow down a considerable path for our little guys with short legs. She had icy fur when she came in and was delighted to discover her bone was inside all along. Cujo ventures two steps from the back door and relieves himself quickly before turning to come right back in. Yellow snow at the door step. Eddie is not sure about this. The snow is deep enough to completely cover him if he veers off the path plowed by Toni Louise. He peed in the kitchen floor while defiantly looking up at me this morning. Like he was challenging me to say a word to him. I always have the last word.

Wall-E is the funny one. He will dance at door to let me know he needs to go out. I will open the door. He will sniff the air and start out, then back up several times before running back into warm confines of his home. He will pace awhile, then we do it all again before he will finally high step into snow and take care of business. I wait patiently at the window to be ready to open the door. He is a good boy. Eddie …. not so much.

I need to make a trip for groceries. Camper Craig was kind enough to bring bread when he ventured out on the road. I doubt I would be able to get my car out. It is almost buried in snow. The forecast is not great. Another storm front will be heading our way and it will be "bitterly cold". Soup and stew weather. I am running out of some ingredients, though. In the meantime, we will be having some interesting combinations appearing on the dinner table. A good way to clear out the pantry.

I am a little bored.

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

By all means, keep us posted on HeWho's efforts to get free and hit the highway.

Kathy G said...

You got twice the snow that fell here. A little over 24 hours after it started it was over. I was thankful to be able to get out and go to church last night.

Val said...

Wait! ANOTHER storm? Why was I not informed? I'll have to check into this. I've been slipping on my weather watching, now that I'm retired. Hick has been braving the elements to go to the local grocery store deli for his breakfast. So there's that. It's only five miles to town.

We might have gotten 8 inches here, but with temps around 34 on Saturday, about half melted. Most of the roads are clear to pavement, and somebody plowed our gravel road. So I was able to get out on Sunday. We've eaten for 3 days on my cauldron of beans and ham. I still have chili and a chicken/noodly thing in the freezer if needed. I guess I'll head to the store on Monday, though!

Linda O'Connell said...

Ham and beans and cornbread, chicken stew, and any other concoction I can come up with will have to do, because the prediction is for more of this mess on next weekend.

I love to read about your menagerie. Hubby? Yeah him too. I have one similar to yours, a Mr. Fix it, but he is out of commission right now with a bum knee.

luksky said...

I'm freezing just reading this, I'm way too southern to live in a climate where there's snow. A puzzle maybe would be some entertainment while snowed in? If you like puzzles, that is.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Joanne, he has my car out on the road right now. I am less than thrilled about that and hope he doesn't break it! I mean, he did break his ride, after all.

Kathy G, it is strange, this storm. Normally we get left out as most storms seem to veer to the north around us. Not this one!


Val, maybe the next storm will miss you and is only meant to hit ME! I need to hit a grocery today. Soon as HeWho gets back with my car. I am almost happy that he will be occupied with the broken water line today. A person can watch just so much of the history channel. Unlike you, I have no basement lair to escape to!


Linda, ham and beans sounds good to me. We live in such a small space that I don't look forward to the after effects of the beans …..


luksy, you know that I am a southern girl and when we moved to Minnesota I was told I would get used to the cold and I did. Could it be that I was menopausal at the time and really appreciated the cold air?