Saturday, October 2, 2021

Stay Tuned, Part 1

I am loaded and ready to roll out of here in the morning! After sleeping only four hours last night and having the day from hell, I can hardly contain myself. I cannot wait to escape!!

As you can well imagine, problems arise and tempers flare from time to time with people living is such close proximity as a campground. Some people will take a dislike to another person and set out to do devious things to irritate that person. I hear about it, of course and will dispatch HeWho is the man of this household and business to handle it.

One such situation has been building up to a boiling point of late. I was manning my station here by the check-in window when I saw the couple in question pull into the parking lot and get out of their vehicle with what I assumed was laundry and make their way to the side of the building where the laundry room and shower rooms are located. I grabbed the phone and my keys to go and talk to them about their behavior. They would be the perpetators of the childish irritating behavior, not the victims.

I rounded the corner and noted that the laundry room was unoccupied .... The couple, a man and a woman were in the men's room, along with their dog! This couple seems to spend an inordinant amout of time together in the various restrooms in the park. They lock themselves in, even in the shower house that has more than one shower. This prevents others from being able to access the showers. Many campers have seen them go in and stay for as long as an hour. There is speculation around campfires about what is going on in the locked men's or women's rooms. 

Not a young attractive couple newly involved, this is a middle aged, overweight duo that would solicit the gag reflex when the subject arises. There are some things you just don't want a mental image of. And now the dog is involved! HeWho came up while I dealt with check-ins and phone calls to confront them when they finally came out. After addressing the dog dilemma, he suggested that they not rev the engine of their truck in front of a particular campsite. They hotly denied doing so, so he told them to depart and enter on the opposite side of the park in the future. I saw him talk to them as I took reservations.

That very night, or more precisely, the next morning one of them left the park at about 10 minutes until 4 am and gunned the motor loudly in front of the site they has been the recipient of their noise pollution. I was told of the departure time. The truck returned a little over 20 inutes later and a session of monumental truck revving took place.

Unfortunately for the miscreants, I had my bedroom window open. Martha, the boy cat, has a nice fat ledge in the window sill that he likes to sleep on and watch the sun come up and the birds gather at the birdfeeder in the peach tree. The noise startled the fat cat and the curtain moved. Mr. BoJangles stood up at the foot of my bed , looking out the window and barking in his highest pitch (we refer to that as his screaming voice) and Toni Louise raced in from her spot on the cool tile in the bathroom to help him bark at what might have been an intruder, she really didn't care, it was just an opportunity to join in. 

I looked out the window and SAW them. I am old and cranky, plagued with various aches and pains in my joints upon wakening, not to mention my bouts of insomnia. Waking me is frowned upon. HeWho should have ejected the couple months ago for various unfractions that included leaving big bags of garbage outside their door and letting it sit until some animals ripped the bags open and proceeded to spread the contents to other sites. One must keep in mind that I am tethered to the main building when we are busy and we have been very busy. HeWho is non-confrontational and will only address such situations with some persuasion (incessant nagging) from his wife.

Luckily, he was not available yesterday, so I took myself down to the site of the trouble maker. The first lie was telling me he did not even leave the park that morning, lie number two was swearing that his truck was "very quiet". Lie number three was saying that no one had ever spoken to him about the noise. He was trying to be angry at my accusations, his face beginning to redden. He told me he couldn't imagine who had complained except for the guy he was targeting.

I let him talk and dig his own hole before I disavowed him of his lies. "Your truck IS loud, I have heard it myself when you might think I am not watching. And, by the way, there are cameras everywhere throughout the park. As far as not being warned by my husband yesterday, I am the one who called him to talk to you and I was watching from my desk when he did speak to you about your truck and your dog."

I watched as his stance became less confrontational before going in for the kill. "This morning you made a big mistake ..... YOU WOKE ME UP! Where would you be going at 4 in the morning?" The color had drained from his face and he said he had to go to work in another city that would take the better part of 45 minutes one way. "But, you were back in 20 minutes! One more complaint and you will be evicted, do we understad each other?"

I was still unsettled when I came back to the office. They have always made me wonder where they get their money, since neither one appear to be gainfully employed. Just about 10 days ago he paid his rent with cash. He told me had $1350 and wanted to pay ahead. The wad of bills in his hand was impressive, but just where did it come from?

There would appear to be a lot of traffic in and out going to his site at all hours, so I followed my instinct and called for a deputy to come out to access the situation. It will come as no surprise that my instinct was correct. He is well know to local law enforcement and not in a good way. I imagine he will be hunting another place to live soon.

I won't miss this. That was yesterday, today is not much better and involved another visit from a deputy. Stay tuned .....


 

6 comments:

River said...

I smell drug dealers! I hope they get locked up instead of being allowed to move on and cause more trouble elsewhere.

Joanne Noragon said...

OK, staying tuned. You will be so happy to be gone.

Val said...

Eagerly awaiting Part 2!

Donna. W said...

You couldn't make this stuff up!

I'm wondering what the name of your blog will be after you retire.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh my, you really need a break

Linda O'Connell said...

Those folks are in sales. Bet you have an idea what they are hawking. They have to go!

I know it will be bittersweet to say goodbye to the campground, but I also know you are ready to move on. Don't give up blogging!