Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine Goes On

HeWho does not quarantine well. He goes to bed early and complains that he cannot fall asleep, but he sleeps until 10:30 or 11:00. In between he is kept busy holding down his chair. He is really cranky today.

I am still cooking and still doing laundry and cleaning. He did vacuum one day. He likes to vacuum, it makes noise. Last night he told me his foot was hurting, that he thinks he twisted it. Causing me to ask how that happened while sitting in his recliner. He swears he did it on the treadmill. I have not seen him on the treadmill and the times that he has announced he is going to walk on the treadmill, let me tell you that if he was on it for more than 2 minutes, I would be surprised.

Finally, a somewhat sunny day with no rain and the temperature is climbing. As much as I long to go outside and play in the dirt, I know I will have to wait for a bit. Every morning upon taking my pills and eating a piece of fruit, I am overwhelmed with waves of nausea and a headache. If I knew which one was doing this I would eliminate it from my regimen. In the mean time I am taking out one each day and waiting until late afternoon to take it. So far I have yet to discover the culprit.

So, as I sit here cutting up more t-shirts, I hear the mower start in my back yard. I suppose my question about how he could have injured his ankle while seated has propelled HeWho mows into action! This is the push mower, though! He chose the time of day when I am somewhat incapacitated to mow my dog's playground. I love the smell of freshly mown grass coming in through the door ….

Oh, wait, that smell is mingled with the smell of freshly mown dog poop! HeWho is not one to pick up anything or move anything before mowing. I cringed as I heard something hit the blade. He only mowed a few minutes and then came in to proclaim the area too wet to mow. Now I am wondering about my poor mower ….

So, another long day of pondering what we will eat and what we will watch on TV. The phone calls have picked up like they usually do this time of year. People seem to think that since the kids are out of school and bored, they should load up and go camping. This is not a good idea for so many reasons. The main reason being that they are coming from heavily populated areas already afflicted with the virus and they could be carriers. 

Americans have no fear. They are smug in the knowledge that a mere virus cannot bring them down and they are entitled to do as they want. I keep repeating that the only campers I am accepting are those travelers who need a one night stay. "But, don't you need the business?" Not if it means I might contract a virus that has no known cure. The longer people carry it to and fro, the longer it will take to be free of this.



5 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Self isolation is difficult for so many, for me it is pretty much the norm, mum feels the same

Joanne Noragon said...

I am astounded your governor has not issued stay at home and business shut down. No, people cannot come cramming into a campground. Then someone of them would become ill, and blame you. Fools.

Kathy G said...

It's a shame how some people think that rules don't apply to them.

River said...

Try eating the fruit first, then taking the pills. Almost ALL medications should NOT be taken on an empty stomach, especially prescription stuff.

Linda O'Connell said...

So how do you tame a man? I think it may be impossible. I hope you get over the dizzies and feel better soon. I must go sit on the porch swing today. Not another day cooped in front of the TV.