Sunday, August 10, 2014

Whatever ......


"Do you have potable water here?" Of course we do. "Well, I can't shower in it unless it is potable." We have our water tested monthly, I tell the man. "Yes, but is it potable?" Again, I tell him yes. "Because if you have your water on top of your septic tank, I won't use it." Another reassurance and he keeps saying "potable" and mispronouncing the word.

This is just too much work for the measly $5 I charged him to dump and fill his holding tank. "Where can I fill my water tank?" I grab a map and tell him that since he pulled into the exit drive he will need to turn around, then he can drive straight to the dump station. There is a hydrant there. "But is that water potable?" "You have the dump station and the water together." "How can that be potable?"

Please let this day end. Carefully, not giving in to the urge to laugh hysterically, I explain that the SOURCE of the water is nowhere near the septic lagoon. You have water in your bathroom, don't you? Doesn't mean you are drinking from the toilet bowl. Water pipes carry this to lots of locations ........ and they are all POTABLE. I over enunciate the word.

"Maybe I will just fill my holding tank later when I find some potable water."

Whatever.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh geez. Unreal.... Kudos to you, you didn't choke him. ;)

Val said...

Somebody needs to turn a fire hose of potable water on that guy.

mamahasspoken said...

Yea, for 5 bucks I would tell him that you have a system that takes his sewer water and changes it into drinkable water.
Besides I have no idea what he meant by potable water is.......