Monday, August 25, 2014

Home Again


I am back from the land of no internet! Things are almost back to normal here. Whatever normal is. Time to get ready for another holiday weekend here at the kampground.

I spent the last week with my Dad. I was picked up by my daughter and her fiancé for the drive south. Her car was super economical on fuel ..... but the tiny back seat was killer on my back! I shared it with my grandson, Gavin, my new favorite traveling companion.

I admit that I am still tired, can still feel the road in my butt. I have plowed through the 240 e-mails just waiting for my attention, the laundry waiting to be washed and today will find me behind a lawn mower.

Too many feelings to put into words. I am already looking at dates for next month to head south again. I met my dad's oncologist and took him to numerous appointments. I am thankful for the medical team administering his care. They were all so caring and kind. I just wish they weren't necessary.

I feel cut off from the world while I am there. My world, anyway. Mama's cooking and insistence on having 3 meals daily has not been kind to my waistline! Daddy's love of the game show channel has made me see way too much of Howie Mandel! I feel the need to end a reservation request with "deal, or no deal?".

My mind is blank. I hear a mower calling my name!

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

mowing will be a good meditative time to sort through stuff but a hell of a way to re-enter.

Joanne Noragon said...

Thank you for going; glad you're back.

Val said...

Glad you're back, and glad you had a good visit.

Char said...

You were missed!
Blessings to you and your parents.

SkippyMom said...

I loved mowing the lawn just to clear my head. I miss doing it.

I am sending good thoughts and prayers to your Dad and you, hoping that his prognosis is great.

Glad to see you. Take it easy.