Saturday, June 20, 2020

Pedigree?


This is a picture of Piper, Mr. BoJangles mother. Piper is a Yorkie and weighs about 4 lbs. The two candidates for the father are a Chihuahua, or a Shitzu mix.

Only time will tell which one sired Mr. BoJangles.

 

We are going to call him "Bo". Mr. BoJangles is a mouth full! After only 3 days, he has become a member of the family. No longer shy, he chases the other dogs relentlessly. His legs look too long to me, but I am partial to short legs. Eddie spends
his time trying to avoid Bo and watching Bo's food dish to see if he can clean it out and deny the puppy his food.

Cujo and Toni Louise remain steadfast in avoiding Bo altogether. Martha, the boy cat, is another story altogether. Martha alternates between shunning me and stalking Bo. He is upset that I take Bo out to weed garden beds with me. That is Martha's territory, as far as he is concerned. This is where Martha and I spend time together. He likes to wind in and out of my legs as I pull weeds. When he tires of that, he will just sit and watch me, as if hypnotized by my actions. I know he is really just waiting for a tiny rabbit or bird to pop out so he can grab it.

Since the three "big dogs" seem to dislike Bo, I take him outside with me. He will stay wherever I am and follow me from one garden to the other.



Or someone may come along and scoop him up, such as HeWho said "NO MORE DOGS"! He is totally smitten with Bo!                                                       

6 comments:

dkzody said...

From one of yesterday's photos I could almost believe him to be Charming Eddie's offspring. Their coloring is the same.

RunNRose said...

Congratulations on your new family member. I have two Yorkies who keep me on a schedule. Amazing how they can read the clock and remind me in no uncertain terms when it is time to walk, fetch the ball, eat, etc. Their sheepish eyes even tell me that it's their bedtime.
They are a welcome diversion so needed in this crazy world. Of course HeWho is a pushover. Such a cute puppy.

ellen abbott said...

oh puppies!

Joanne Noragon said...

He is a cutie.

Val said...

Not sure what the shih tzu is mixed with, but I think those two prospective fathers don't have much to worry about. Perhaps a secret suitor snuck in...

River said...

He is a little cutie and his mother is too. His paws look a little large for any Chihuahua to be in the mix.