Thursday, November 2, 2017

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

I am writing this on new computer! The keys respond to my every touch and this bad boy is fast!

This morning the phone of HeWho can't hear rang out loud and clear. Just a text alert, but it woke me up. I woke him up (nothing wrong with my ears) and we both just got up. Earlier than we wanted. Since the time is changing back this weekend, I have been trying to stay up later and sleep in a little later. Just planning ahead.

So, there we sat, the two of us in our recliners, dogs in our laps, staring blankly at the TV. I finished my coffee and tipped back, promptly falling to sleep. When I woke, about 15 minutes later, I looked over at my life companion and wondered aloud if we should feel guilty about just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. HeWho loves me assured me that we had earned the right to sit and do nothing.

He may be right, but I could sit no longer. I decided to deep clean our sleeping quarters. I put clean sheets on the bed, vacuumed, dusted, and then cleaned out my drawers. The ones that hold my clothes. I tossed out a lot and organized a lot. I was content to be busy all day with my cleaning supplies.

Until HeWho loves a short road trip to run errands said the magic words ...... "I am running to Menards, do you need anything." Do I need anything? Why, yes I do! I need to get out of this place .... even if it is temporary. I made him wait until I could wash my hair (it was standing on end) and changed my clothes. I was ready in 10 minutes flat. I knew if I played my cards right, I would not only get to shop, but eat out, as well. He would even think it was his idea and I wouldn't have to cook tonight!!

It all worked out, just as I knew it would!

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)

Tell us what your new system is. I'm in the market for new, new, new, too.

luksky said...

I guess the early bird got the worm, right?

Anonymous said...

An absolutely perfect day. Hope you have many more.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your plan worked well...and he thought it was his idea... I UNDERSTAND.