Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Hungry?


My phone is still not working. I sent HeWho was too impatient to help me set up my own phone and did it himself, to the Sprint store to try to recover the phone.

I went on a mission to gather all the necessities to host Thanksgiving for a group that seems to be growing ..... started out as 9 and now it looks like 14. You will recall that I have been downsizing as we prepare to retire and live in a motor home. This means that I no longer have dinnerware or even enough forks for that many. But, I love a good challenge! As much as I would prefer to eat on real plates, we will be dining disposable!

Nothing wrong with that, clean up will be easy. Food is no problem, I am not even the main chef in this endeavor. HeWho likes to cook outside will be smoking the turkey and I will be making the dressing and gravy. Another turkey will be roasted  and a ham will join the two birds on the table. Mashed potatoes and green bean casserole are coming. I grabbed a can of cranberry sauce today, you can't have Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce. I hear tell some dinner rolls will be here, too.

All this is good, but what about dessert? I am usually the dessert maker, but this year, others have it covered. I did buy a couple cans of whipped cream ....... just in case. The more the merrier, I am quite certain there will be more than enough food!

3 comments:

Val said...

Oh, no! I'm having Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce! Will that go on my permanent record?

Kathy G said...

Pot luck is the best kind of Thanksgiving dinner there is.

Anonymous said...

I can guarantee, no one will go home hungry! Happy Thanksgiving. Hope the phone gets worked out soon.