Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving To All!

You know the best thing about having company? No, not seeing them leave! It is cleaning the house! All of a sudden you look at your surroundings and realize the mess you find totally acceptable is not!!

The day began early. I have been looking to buy an Instant Pot. It is Yvonne's fault. She keeps posting recipes on Facebook and constantly extolls the virtues of this appliance that will replace several I currently have. In case you may have forgotten, we plan to live in a motorhome. This means limited space. The one appliance will replace my crockpot and my pressure cooker! Oh, and it will do so much more!

So, I was in Walmart just this week and I was stroking the one on display. It was on sale for $79.99. A helpful associate (this is what workers at Walmart are referred to, despite Hillbilly Mom calling them the devil's handmaidens) approached me and told me that the Instant Pot would be on sale for $49.99 and that sale starts TODAY at 6:00. I am not a Black Friday shopper. I wanted to save $30 .... who doesn't? But, my dinner today begins at 4:30 and I am not leaving my guests. It would be rude and I don't really want to shop today.

I began my day as I normally do and was sipping my portion of caffeine when I decided to check out the Walmart ad in my e-mail. My Instant Pot is on sale on-line!!!! Not only did I order it and got a discount for deferring shipment until the 5th of December, but I also took advantage of applying for a charge card and got an additional $35 off my purchase. Free shipping with a 25 cent discount and $35 off means I just bought my Instant Pot for a mere $13.75!

HeWho helped me with vacuuming and dusting and setting up and I am all done with my prep work. Just waiting for the oven to tell me it is time to stick my stuff in and then all my guests will be here. We will pop some corks and eat some food and be thankful for the fellowship!

5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Well done all around.

Kathy G said...

Nice! I thought about putting an Instant Pot on my Christmas list, but the dollar limit is $50. I wonder if someone in the family could be as savvy of a shopper as you were?

Val said...

Wow! You are a super shopper! As a close personal friend of Hillbilly Mom, I have to agree with her take on the Walmart associates. I'm sure your meal was a rousing success.

Linda O'Connell said...

That was some deal! You will be cooking up a storm in that pot. What was old is new again. And I agree about the housecleaning. When I holiday clean I see hand prints and splatters I normally don't see day to day. Always a good feeling to have a clean house. never stays that way.

Debby said...

Wow- whadda deal. So far, your deal, is the best I have heard. You win!