Monday, November 20, 2017

Doggie Steps


I was so excited when I saw these doggy steps at the re-sale store! For only $8! My babies NEED these! Long spines are easily injured jumping up and down.

Our current arrangement involves me bending over to lift them onto my chair, or using the recliner as a lift. Cujo will eagerly scramble up the incline to get to my lap, then wait patiently for me to create a ramp for him to get down. Cujo is a sweet little guy and will do anything to please me. That would be anything short of using these doggy steps. He looks at them disdainfully and then waits for me to lower the chair for his ascent.

Eddie, on the other hand, has no problem with the steps. He just prefers to have me lower the chair, then use my feet to grab his back end and elevate him to my lap. And no matter how I scold him for jumping down, he pretty much does as he pleases. While Cujo has a "spot" he squiggles into on my left side; Eddie is no respecter of other's space.

Eddie is currently sprawled across the part of my recliner meant to hold my legs. I can only put one leg on it and the other leg is on the arm rest. Eddie likes to stretch while "resting" and will push me out of his way. He has even been known to climb up onto the laptop, pushing buttons and displacing my hands so that I am available to pet him.

I have to admit that I would not trade my little tyrant for anything!

4 comments:

RunNRose said...

Yes. The steps are a great idea IF the dog can be persuaded to use them. Several years ago I paid $50 for steps for our Yorkies. Our older one had a hurt knee. Nothing we tried made the steps be acceptable. I might as well give them away. The dogs continue to jump whenever it suits. We do love our dogs.

Joanne Noragon said...

I've only ever seen home made doggie steps.

Anonymous said...

We have cats like you have dogs. They arrange themselves wherever they wish, whenever they wish.

Linda O'Connell said...

Sweet babies deserve a stairway.