Monday, December 15, 2014

He Who Was Right


Despite the pain this causes me and how I loathe admitting it ......... He Who is not a doctor had the correct diagnosis.

I have shingles. I was a little frantic this morning as I waited for the clinic to open and when I was told I would not be seen until FRIDAY I bawled like a baby.

The kind woman in charge of scheduling took pity on me and got me into the sister clinic to see my nurse practitioner. Just one look and she wrote out the RX for the anti-viral drug and pain meds.

And she quarantined me! Suggests that I go nowhere for 21 days to avoid infecting the unsuspecting world with chicken pox. Can't go see my dad for sure. I will have to rest in seclusion. She even suggested that it could be stress related. She wants me to be vaccinated against another out break.

No one will have to twist my arm to take that vaccination! I would suggest that everyone who has ever had chicken pox do so. I would not wish this on anyone!

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Take care and I agree with it being stress related :) Sit back enjoy the forced vacation.

Anonymous said...

So glad they got it caught early. I have a friend who waited too long before getting help for shingles, thinking it was a reaction to a procedure he had for a skin cancer. Waiting caused even more problems.

Travels with Emma said...

I'm so glad I got the vaccine last year. Wouldn't want to go through that.

Val said...

Well, I hate that He Who was right, but I am happy that you're getting relief.

Linda O'Connell said...

Yep, stress will do it! I hope your meds kick in and help. I waited too long and was on a cruise, thinking I had chiggers.

Kathy G said...

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I kind of envy your forced three-week quarantine. I'd LOVE to have some quiet time right now.

ellen abbott said...

oh bummer. yes it is definitely stress related. at least everyone I know who has had an outbreak was enduring a lot of stress at the time.