Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bored, Really Bored


I must be getting better. I am bored. Still very sore and tired of having to sleep "on guard". I do feel almost human today.

Watching too much TV. Watched a show about moving houses today. The episode I happened upon was a house that was to be on the water. It was three stories high and took 2 years to build. They had to moved it across land to get it into the water, then navigate to the slip. Took them under a bridge and through some narrow waterways. At certain turns they would illustrate what could happen should the house become unstable and fall over. I want to blame it on the Vicodin, but I found the parts showing massive destruction to be my favorite ones.

It did occur to me that He Who watches the oddest things on TV would love this show, so I recorded the next 4 episodes for him. I am nothing, if not thoughtful. We watched it together and I think he might have found it a little bizarre that I was enjoying the destructive scenes so much. He would look over at me while I was having fits of laughter as the house being moved was depicted in an illustration showing total devastation.

I am really bored. Really, really bored.

7 comments:

joanne said...

I think that not even vicodin would get me interested in that show...you really ARE bored.

Cathy said...

I've got a pile of ironing down here if you want to pop over - that's boring enough to go along with the weird tv you're watching :)
Cathy

Joanne Noragon said...

Sounds like the road to recovery to me.

ellen abbott said...

when I lived in the city, a little cottage was moved so the owner could build a bigger modern house. the whole block turned out to watch. they did it at night. pretty amazing.

Linda O'Connell said...

No, you are sick...a woman with sick humor...like me! :)

Val said...

Don't operate machinery. No house-moving while you're on the vicodin.

SkippyMom said...

Terribly distressed to see you have shingles, although this particular post made me giggle a bit. I am so, so sorry.

My husband - who refuses every vaccine known to man - finally agreed to take this one. So, I thank you for that.

Keep stocked up on the Vicodin, take your anti viral meds and try to get some rest We'll be praying for you.

Hugs and love lady. :)