Monday, February 7, 2022

Guaranteed

 Guaranteed, what does that mean? I thought I knew what it meant, but I must be wrong. When HeWho ordered the new legs for my bed, they emailed him and guaranteed delivery on Monday, 2/7/22.

That is today! I woke this morning full of optimism. I was going to sleep in my bed tonight! All day long I waited to hear a UPS truck, or a Fed-X truck, or the USPS carrier with my package containing my bed legs. 

Not only did the package fail to arrive, HeWho likes to order stuff got another email. The new email guarantees arrival between 2/14/22 and 3/2/22. That is a wide window!

So, I ask you, which guarantee should I choose?

7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

What a bite. I am so sorry. It's happened to me, too, but only over toothpaste lately.

River said...

I'd be more inclined to email back and ask for a specific day if they already have the legs ready to send. Otherwise it's going to be a waiting game.

ellen abbott said...

Apparently it means the same thing the terms of your contract with the moving company meant...nothing.

Jim Davis said...

Delivery dates seem to have devolved into "it'll be here sometime". This sounds like the legs haven't even shipped yet.

Kathy G said...

A supply chain issue? Can you improvise with pieces of wood stuck under the bed frame?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You are all right! I set out to see if any furniture stores in the area might have some parts on hand and didn't have any luck there either. Kathy G's idea is one I thought of, too, but with my current run of luck, the temporary legs would shift and we would wind up on the floor! Having the bed in place is key to getting the drawers under the bed and finishing the bedroom.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

A gauranteed doesn't mean want it use to which is so frustrating and so annoying