Friday, May 11, 2018

The Saga Of The Pool Painting Continues

The pool paint came a day later than was promised. UPS dumped it right at the front door. In the way of traffic through the office. I grabbed the hand truck and hauled it to the pool along with the necessary supplies. I then went about my day. Mowing and mulching and weeding. A few loads of laundry thrown in for good measure. 

I made an early dinner, enabling HeWho paints to have as much time as possible to complete the pool. My assistance was not needed, remember? However, my problem solving abilities are always in demand. 

I was ready with a solution when HeWho presented me with his current dilemma. The original order for paint was ice blue, the next batch that had arrived was bikini blue. He was really in a tizzy, complaining that we would now have to order MORE paint. I suggested that they leave the side walls the lighter color and just paint the floor the darker color. Not a big deal, problem solved. 


So, as I was about the business of pulling my little red wagon filled with ground cover to my next project. I looked at the pool as I passed by. The men were all over the place painting. No coordination of efforts. It really came as no surprise that they had just grabbed the rollers and picked a spot at random and painted. My suggestion was apparently ignored, as you can see. this is the deep end with spots of two coats, while the shallow end lacks the first coat. It is clear that my assistance was not needed. I admit that I like to be in charge and tell people what to do, but I am really good at it! I get things done. Not the pool, though.


I did not say a word (out loud) as I strolled past the disaster happening before my eyes. I went on to my project. The back side of the shed that houses the pool pump. I decided to jazz it up with some found items hanging out. Ceiling fan blades and the hardware that attaches them to the motors. You know, things that would have ended up in a landfill. HeWho can't manage a paint order was not complimentary of my efforts. Do I care? No, I do not ......his assistance was not required! 


I wish I had witnessed the violation of my buttercups. I won't even tell you what I would like to do with candy wrapper. Use your imagination. Yeah, not having such a good day here. The third order of pool paint should be here Monday. Just think, we could have been done by now and filling the pool with water.

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

You always could sign the projects. HeWhose name or yours. A little laugh for guests who geddit.

Linda O'Connell said...

Love your flower display made of found objects. LOVE IT!
They never listen to us.

Val said...

I really like your fanny-flowers! The pool in its current state...um...let's just say it's a breathtaking work of HeWho.