Thursday, May 10, 2018

Build Me Up Buttercup

My morning's efforts.



This is one of my smaller gardens that has not been "worked" for a couple of years. Eight bags of mulch later and a whole lot of weeding, some digging and replanting. Ending in much satisfaction. I was pleasantly tired with a twinge in my back as I headed back indoors to wait for the sun to hide later in the day.

As much as I have tried to hold onto my profound irritation with HeWho screwed up the pool paint order, I failed. He is MY screw-up, after all. I sent him to the clinic for his annual check-up. I instructed him to get written prescriptions, as we have changed insurance. I gave him specific instructions to ask for all the diagnostic tests we have failed to get in the past few years with inadequate insurance.

I should have gone along with him. He did not get the prescriptions, although he did request a COLOSTOMY! He meant colonoscopy, of course and I am sure he provided comic relief. I have been known to simply walk away from him and pretend I don't know him when he commits social faux pas. Everyone in the clinic knows he belongs to me ......


Then he does things like this! I found this on my check-in counter after working in my garden all morning. You will note that the plants are ALIVE. I don't really care for cut flowers. I like to plant them and enjoy them as long as I can. HeWho knows me well.



I ran out of mulch at the end of the garden bed. I am hoping the ground covers will fill in. Buttercups are blooming. Don't they look happy? 

2 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh the satisfaction that comes with digging in the dirt and producing such a pretty place. I am still laughing at colostomy. My guy may be related to your guy.

Val said...

Well, thank goodness they didn't GIVE him the colostomy! Those plants are a thoughtful gift, and your garden is breathtaking.