Sunday, October 8, 2017

Proper Training

It rained and rained all week long, it rained. The temperature was quite nice. When the rain was not falling, cool breezes made one want to throw open the windows. And doors. Where screen doors would/should be in place to prevent insects from entering one's humble abode.

The screen door is back up. With a sizable gap at the top and it doesn't close. The wire mesh used over the screen to prevent one young dog from chewing his way out was applied to the entire door. Preventing the closing of the door. Oh, he trimmed some away after I lodged a complaint. Now, it still does not close all the way and the raw edges of the mesh tends to grab at my clothes and scrape my hands.

I will continue to encourage him to take it back down and trim away all the excess mesh and tack some sort of trim to cover the raw edges. HeWho says it is the fault of the door jamb needing repairs. I will also encourage him to repair that while he has the door down.

After almost 43 years, I realize that he is still not properly trained.

3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I think HeWho lives and you are a saint.

Val said...

THERE IS HOPE!

A few days ago, Hick fixed the doorknob on the front door that's been broken since February. Yes, he did it by putting the OLD doorknob back on, which uses a different key. But still, we now have a working doorknob. Also (!) he put the new switch on the bedroom light/ceiling fan, so now it won't short out and burn me to a crisp as I sleep.

Linda O'Connell said...

Ah, all I can say is it must be in the genes/jeans. Well you may have to fix it yourself if you don't want flying bugs coming indoors.