Sunday, October 22, 2017

Are You Listening?

"What do you want for dinner?" asks HeWho loves to run errands. I guess the absence of any food preparation in the kitchen was a good clue about what I had in mind. "I don't know, what do you want?" is my standard answer.

Obviously, it will be some sort of take-out, since we can't very well leave on a Saturday night. I would love to tell you that limitless possibilities awaited my perusal in the way of take-out menus. I would be lying. Let's see, we have Chinese, Mexican, a diner, Subway, or McDonald's. Almost forgot, deli fried chicken from a gas station, or the grocery. The fried chicken tends to be greasy and the sides of potato logs unappealing to me. My stomach rebels at the thought of spicy Mexican and I don't want a sandwich or a burger. Chinese, I guess.

Chinese it is. I opt for the roast pork and vegetables and HeWho always orders the same thing, does just that. General Tso and his chicken. He speaks into his phone to automatically dial up the  House of China. He really loves the General and his chicken. While the phone is ringing, he looks at me and says "beef or chicken?". And he wonders why I say he never listens to what I say.

3 comments:

Val said...

You're lucky he didn't just order you the General's chicken, thinking that if you didn't want it, MORE FOR HIM!

ellen abbott said...

at least while he isn't listening to you he isn't telling you what you just said.

Linda O'Connell said...

My hubby hears but he doesn't listen! LOL