Saturday, October 28, 2017

Please Don't Leave Me

I may or may not have mentioned, in posts past, that HeWho loves to run errands. He will volunteer to go get anything I might fleetingly think about. I will prevent this unnecessary trip, which leaves him to invent his own errands.

Today is Friday. Friday in a campground. The busiest day of my week. I am booked solid, despite some cancellations. People are always surprised when the weather turns cold. It happens every year, usually about this time; and yet there are those who are caught completely off guard. Some of my cancellations will provide me with a reason, some don't. Matters not at all to me, since I don't charge a cancellation fee. But that would be an entire post .... reasons for cancelling.

No, my rant today is about Errand Boy and his need to leave the property. This morning I mentioned to him that today was Friday and we were going to be quite busy and to PLEASE not leave me. I can handle a lot, but I cannot be two places at once. Since I am stuck in the office all day, I decide to begin the process of bring in all my hanging plants to over-winter them. This will keep me right here close enough to stop and check in campers and still be productive.

Another kamper/friend will also be bringing up her outdoor plants, so I have to do some rearranging to accommodate all of our combined plants. HeWho has already made two trips to run errands and is planted in front of the TV watching National Geographic and eating peanut butter sandwiches. I asked to go help the camper on 18 locate the sewer and had also asked him to have another camper move their vehicle because it is blocking a site.

Andrea and I are in the thick of plant hanging and relocating when he says he is going to town to get an elbow. Andrea reminded him that he already had two and I was laughing at them, totally forgetting that it is nearing 4:00 .... on a Friday in the campground. Prime check-in and problem time.

So, while I am dealing with winter weather and digging up my banana trees and checking in campers, I get a call. The car blocking the site did not move and the camper assigned to that site cannot back in and does not seem to understand exactly where the site I am moving them to is located. The right/left thing again and me trying to use site numbers to direct her. Totally forgetting that HeWho needs to keep the road hot under his wheels is not here, I text him to go show the camper what I have not been able to convey with mere words.

Andrea drove me there and I solved the problem while HeWho promised not to leave me here was shopping for boots. I am not cooking tonight, no I am not!

5 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Men grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RunNRose said...

Bless your heart. I hear you. Somebody is not holding up his end. Seems to me like you need to hire someone to be there on the campground with you, on Fridays at least. Your experience this particular Friday certainly should explain the need. If he must run errands, somebody else must fill his place. (Of course I don't know if finding someone is an issue.). Hope your Saturday has been a better day!


Val said...

Pardon me for not being surprised!

Kathy G said...

Think he'll make the connection between your annoyance and lack of dinner? My husband wouldn't.

Naqvee said...

When you said you are not cooking tonight.. I can actually feel you! hahahaa..
God bless you dearest
Lots of Love