Friday, August 25, 2017

Poison Ivy Strikes Again

Miss me? The eclipse campers kept me busy until Tuesday. I normally close early on Sunday, but was in here until 9, checking in late arrivals. While HeWho set up the big screen outside, I popped corn and bagged it with one of my sweet helpers, Belle.

We aired Boss Baby. I thought the movie would never end!!! I was sitting in my golf cart with HeWho and munching popcorn just to stay awake. Had I been in a comfortable chair, I would have slept. I can't believe I sat through an animated feature presentation! A cartoon, if you will. It was cute and let's face it, you have to be selective about what you put up in an outdoor setting with all the kids in the park. I chose the title, so I can't really complain, can I?

But, I had to open at 9 the next morning. I don't usually open until 11 on weekdays. This meant I had four 12 hour days in a row. And that is just the hours the store was open. I still have necessary chores to accomplish on a daily basis. I was mopping bathrooms at 10:30 pm on movie night.

My body rebelled and I was down with a killer headache Tuesday. I stuck the sign in the door that says I am outside working in the park and to call the store number for assistance. I don't have a sign that says I feel like I am dying. I pretty much ignored the sound of the door bell and only went out when summoned by phone.

Wednesday and Thursday were so nice I hated to be inside, so I left the sign up and did work. I mowed and reworked a garden. I am so pleased with my progress. I moved the boundaries to a more workable size and dug up all the stray iris that had come up over the years and planted a row on the other side of the formidable row of tiger lilies. Next year when the tigers send out the tall blooms they will be surrounded with purple bearded iris. I plucked out as many weeds as day light allowed and spent Thursday in the dog park.

Wednesday night I checked in some campers in a van. The van was a long utility type with no windows, an older model, maybe 80's. I am not good with makes and models. I just know a rattle trap when I see one. The couple was probably my age, both with long gray hair and few teeth. After I had checked them in (quick as I could, they were eating up my day light!), they asked about monthly rates.

Now, I don't have monthly rates for folks living in a van or a tent. Or in some dilapidated camper. I find such to be a deterrent to future prospects looking for accommodations. I told them as much, but they told me they were buying a camper. I told them it had to be newer than 2000 and, as I figured, it eliminated the possibilities of a home here. This is when I learned about just how big the bullet was that I had dodged ........

They had ELEVEN cats and two dogs. She confided that they would just pick up cats along the road, even feral ones. She said she really loves cats. But, she likes the two dogs, too.

So, it really came as no surprise to find that I had to pick up the dog park before mowing. But, before that I attended to the area that I have the benches on, under the trees. Vines were starting to climb the trees again and it was sorely in need of a good weeding.

After I finished, I headed inside for a shower in Ivy Wash. Despite my efforts, I woke up itching this morning. My right hand, my left eyelid and my right ear. I did not wash my face and ear with that stuff, and I had some scratches on my right hand ...... so I would give this product a big thumbs up! It is made by Technu, the same company that makes the Ivy Dry. Good stuff.

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

A cat lady hippie who is going to buy a camper...sounds like a story. Hope you can ditch the itch.

Val said...

You know how, in "9 to 5" Lily Tomlin hires Jane Fonda and says, "We're gonna need a special locker for the hat." That's what this made me think of. They're gonna need a special camper for the cats.

RunNRose said...

I for one, am missing you, Hope all is well. I enjoy reading your posts. Am surprised there aren't a lot of comments asking about you!
As a former RV'er who spent many nights in campgrounds, I can identify with many of your topics. Please post.