Saturday, August 19, 2017

Does That Even Work??

Does that Snocone machine even work? I have never seen any snocones in it.

"Would you like a snocone?" I ask. "No, I was just wonderin'." comes the reply. "Well the snocones are made to order." I say. "You'd probably sell more if you had some ready." he says. "And, if I don't sell them they will begin to melt immediately and I will have wasted the ice and the syrup." I tell him. "Well, then you keep making them ..... the cost of doing business!!"

I wish I had replied with the first thought that popped into my head .... "No, the snocone machine is just a prop to tease you. I am so into the joke that I actually purchased 30 flavors of the syrup you see there just to make it look real."

I choose not to follow this sage wisdom. All you need to know is which flavor and I can make a snocone in just minutes. It is going to be a long weekend.

Most campers are not coming in until tomorrow and think they will extend their stay to watch the eclipse, then hop in the rigs and leave. The eclipse will not happen until after noon. Check out is noon. I did not hike my rates to take advantage of people and I will not let them take advantage of me. At any rate, they will caught up in a traffic jam if they try to leave immediately after the eclipse.

In the meantime, I have been plagued with cancellations, since I cannot guarantee clear skies for the event. I tend to think those folks have just decided they don't want the hassle of fighting traffic and changed their minds, but wanted to present an excuse for the cancellations.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen pre-made snow cones. How work THAT even work? Silly man.

Anonymous said...

You need to retire! You are a GRUMPY Miserable Lady! I would never stay at your campground w/ You running it and ... Your Attitude! People are spending their hard-earned money at your business and you treat your customers like CRAP! Im sure some of your campers read your blog!

Joanne Noragon said...

Whoa, there's a grumpy man. Sounds like a customer who treats you like crap.
Anyway, all that's standing between me and and the eclipse is a pair of glasses.

Val said...

On the bright side, looks like there's at least one prospective customer who won't show up to make your life harder! Good thing you haven't already made up a batch of sno-cones! Maybe it's that swimmer guy from the other day. Or the lady who plugged in your washing machine and used it for free.

Terry lewelling said...

Anonymous I am so glad you would never stay here u r what is the definition of hateful ignorance we try to avoid people need to understand this a business and every business has protocol to follow some will not be happy mainly because some people are never going to be happy if you have seen some of the stupid stuff people try they come here you would be wandering how she keeps her sanity and not kill someone. So again thank you for never returning here

Unknown said...

What is this, someone speaks their mind, another does the same, and the rest of you start picking sides as if you think you are adding substance, or that Kathy needs your backing. You were not a part of these exchanges, so bug out. Kathy is a nice host, has a unique personality, and I can laugh when she jumps on me once in a while. Those that know them know that she wears the pants in the family. So, sometimes she is crude and not always sweet and nice. So, let her be herself, and, likewise, allow the person who vented the freedom to do so and let "them" work it out or at least have their say. Oh, ya, my name is Marshell Foss, site 1a...KanDo.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am so sorry to hear that you find me to be crude, Marshell. Your wife is one of the nicest people I know, too bad I am not able to say the same about you! Really, though .... crude: offensively coarse or rude, especially in relation to sexual matters? I apologize if I have ever offended you in such ways, it was not intended. As for wearing the pants in the family, I would admit that I do step in and make decisions when necessary. I know that I am not always sweet and nice, nor should I be!