Sunday, August 20, 2017

Little Elves and Gnomes

I seem to have struck a nerve in Anonymous with my last post. I would say sorry, but that would be insincere.

Instead of dwelling on the negative, let's take a peek at the gnome garden.


My gnomes are very patriotic. You can see a bit of the flag they have flying. They want the houses close together, so they can all get water at the well.


In another part of the garden, the fairies have taken up residence. The baby fairies like to fly up and play in the tree.

They can see the gnome houses from there.


They can also hear the impromptu concert. Those gnomes are always up to something.

HeWho is being kept busy today with campers and special requests. I don't cut trees down, so I am tucked away behind the desk selling ice and soda. No requests for snocones yet, but I am ready.

Long ago HeWho likes to purchase things, bought a digital projector. He extolled the virtues of being able to show movies outside. When I say long ago, I mean years. Never showed a movie, but he did take it out of the box and fiddle with it. Instructions for use usually come with merchandise and I am pretty sure this WAS the case ......

Not too long ago (months), HeWho likes to purchase things, bought a screen on which to project movies. Have we used it yet? No. Yesterday, in a lull in the midst of madness here, HeWho makes me crazy put the screen together ....... in the store. The screen is big. The screen is sort of in the way. He has the projector set up next to the snocone machine as he tries to make it work, flipping the lights on and off.

I am pretty sure this thing should stay away from water and sugary syrup, so it is probably a good thing I haven't made any snocones today. I know, I know, I am a grumpy old lady complaining about everything. I am, after all perfecting my skills.

2 comments:

Val said...

I love the gnome garden! Hope nobody drives through it speeding through a stop sign, going the wrong way, or trying to turn around.

Linda O'Connell said...

The gnome garden is a delight. I'll bet you have a lot of little campers peeking at it. As for anonymous, forget about it.