Friday, January 22, 2016

Winning Arguements


Still house bound here. Watching lots of mindless TV with a dog in my lap. We have Dish with the hopper. It automatically records all the prime time shows and if you are patient, and wait 24 hours, the kangaroo will hop right over the commercials for you. The height of TV viewing laziness ...... unless you are watching CBS. CBS makes you wait a full week.

But, all this to say that I seldom watch the commercials. Except for the Wheel of Fortune, which I watch in real time. I have to know if I won the $5000. I do realize that I could tape it, then watch it later, or even look on line to see if I won. But, I don't. I like to shout at people who buy every freaking vowel when the answer is so obvious.

The local commercials are just weird. You get that stupid jingle in your head and find yourself humming it at the oddest times. The one that is bugging me lately is for a tire company. I have no idea what they were thinking, but the jingle goes, "If it's round and rubber, Lee's has it." Really, really annoying.

In other news, I must be feeling much better. I am just waiting for two of my tenants to come up and pay, just so that I can raise the rent. Just on them. They are always late to pay and both have been using electric heaters. My power bill is double what it was without them. I warned them both that the rate would go up if they chose to use electricity, as opposed to LP gas. Both will deny it, despite the fact that someone stole the heater from the ladies room. It suddenly came back after one of them was questioned by He Who noticed it gone. I am itching to argue with someone. I always win. I always win because I gather all my facts before I open my mouth. Yes, I am up for a good argument. It does not escape me that they are not buying LP ......

4 comments:

Val said...

Nothing like emerging the winner in a good argument to buoy one's spirits! I used to get stuck on that Car-X commercial: "Rattle rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom!" Yeah. I know you know it. You're welcome. Now you have a new tune in your head.

luksky said...

I watch 'regular' t.v mostly because I don't know how to work any of the technical devices attached to my t.v that would allow me to watch something more interesting. There is an endless supply of medication commercials that accompany regular t.v.

There's one that drives me so nuts I have to change the station just so I don't have to listen to the woman profess how much her libido has gone up and she begs her husband for sex now with her new medication. I really don't care to hear about this woman's sex life every day.

Linda O'Connell said...

I hate the Buick commercial where they whisper. It makes my skin crawl. Also hate the woman talking about how she got her libido back, and the still-big-babe who lost weight and her husband loves her body now. Oh don't get me going. Drop by for a new post.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how the rent increase goes over. You give em hell!