Saturday, January 9, 2016

Snowed In

The first snowfall of 2016. Snowed all night and still snowing. I love the fresh blanket that covers all the ugliness of winter. I think winter should be a good cover of snow on the ground and when it melts, Spring should be here with nice green grass and daffodils every where.

Doesn't work that way. But, for now I will enjoy the white grounds (from inside my warm house). Think this calls for a big pot of soup and some crusty bread. Maybe a pie? Guess I will get up off my ample keester and head to the kitchen.

I feel good today. Hope it lasts long enough to get the cooking and some cleaning done. Think I will even put make-up on and pretend I feel great!!

3 comments:

Val said...

Where is MY snow? It was supposed to get here at noon. We saw two flakes the minute we pulled into the garage at 11:55. Now nothing. Where are my 2-4 inches? We cannot get out of school Monday with only two flakes! I have been simmering a pot of beans all day, anticipating my snow. I hope my sweet, sweet Juno likes beans. There will be leftovers if I can't get into a bean-eating mood.

luksky said...

I think snow is one of those things that look good on paper. Like the beach. Most people love the idea of the ocean. I grew up on the ocean, and all there really is is sticky air and sand, intense humidity and the smell of dead sea life.

Linda O'Connell said...

I should know better than to believe the weather reporters. Glad you received that pretty blanket of fluff, and I am happy to hear you are feeling better.