Saturday, January 30, 2016

Painting

My big adventure wore me out and I have had a headache for two days. I dare not add that to all my other symptoms and go on-line to see what I find. Think I will just wait until I see the new doctor ..... in two weeks.

I started to feel a little more like my old self yesterday afternoon. The weather was so nice that I decided to paint the front of the building. I painted it the last time it was painted and it was no big deal. It is cedar and really sucks down the paint. First time we painted, the building sucked up 15 gallons of paint, and still needed a second coat.

We are changing the color this time and going lighter. From barn red to light gray. I decided to go with the color of gravel dust, hoping it will be easier to maintain. He Who is a sloppy painter had painted the new siding and for some reason he decided to start painting the front. Yes, he did. I did mention that he is not neat and precise, didn't I?

He decided to start to the left of the door in an area with a lot of trim. Since we are staying with the same trim color, I did not intend to have to paint it. You already see where I am going, don't you? The trim will now have to be painted. He painted just a couple of the boards beside the door, then painted another board on the outer side and the one side of the partician that separates the porch. Why, you ask, did he not start at one end or the other? I really can't say, other than, I was not surprised at all.

He did this in December, when we had that warm spell. I was incarcerated in the hospital and unable to stop him. It looked ridiculous, that goes without saying. So, yesterday, I set out to remedy the situation.

Had an audio book going and my handy paint spattered step stool and got going. I do not remember being so very slow! I had thought I would knock out one side, ceiling and all. I have done it before. I did not accomplish my task. I made a good dent in it, but I am not happy with my slow progress!

I plan to finish today. It is a beautiful day and the temp should hit 60. I am determined, just hope I hold out.

4 comments:

Val said...

Don't overdo it!

Joanne Noragon said...

I wish I could lend you two young ladies.

Anonymous said...

You amaze me with your determination. Wish I had the painting gene like you. We hired a painting contractor to do our exterior and he did a beautiful job. I've never been a painter, and our interior shows it.

Linda O'Connell said...

I imagine you will be recuperating this Monday. You are determined though, so you will probably be painting the trim.