Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dandelions and On Time

Apparently the streamer of movies is not watching a movie, since I did not have to fight to get on-line.

So, here I sit happily two finger typing (much to the chagrin of my child) in a semi- drugged state. I had my colonoscopy/endoscopy this morning. I was the first patient and thought I should be somewhat clear headed by now. I was told to take it easy all day, no mowing of grass, sewing of garments, or cooking. I had a real good dose of Michael Jackson's sleep remedy. Not as much as he had, but this stuff must take awhile to escape one's system.

I was not told that I could not pull dandelions from the gardens, so I did that for a bit, but did not last long. Speaking of dandelions .....

While I prepared for my big event yesterday and was thoroughly indisposed, I heard a man's voice in the store talking to He Who still does not know how to take a reservation after 10 years. I was blatantly eaves-dropping as the man was telling him that our prices are too high. He says he would rather support the state parks, that he can stay there for only $11 a night (sleeping in the back of his truck). I was wondering why he stopped here if he was intending to go a mere mile further and stay.

I watched through the window as he went back to his truck. He did not get in the driver's seat, but opened the door to the passenger side and rummaged through a pile of what appeared to be laundry. Not folded or stacked in any manner, but just a big wad of stuff. I wondered if he might be looking to use my laundry.

I wasn't going to inquire, as I had a need to stay close to my facilities, having just gulped my first glass of Miralax and Gatorade. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would taste ...... but that was the first 8 oz. of 64. But I digress. Still in control of things to come I watched as he finally found what he was looking for. He took off his shirt and changed right there in the parking lot. I left my perch then and went on with the business of the day. I was afraid his pants would be next and I wasn't interested.

I was later told that upon arriving he admired all of my yellow flowers ....... the ones that were all in the fields of grass. The dandelions. God bless him for seeing them as a thing of beauty. After he did his quick change in the parking lot, he settled in the driver's seat and took full advantage of our free Wi-Fi before moving on to "support" the state park.

Oddly, I don't even care today. We got up at 4:30 to get there in time. There was no traffic to speak of and we were an hour early. The traffic picked up right after we exited the interstate. I really was the first person there. I got there before the staff did. I strive to never be late! I took two naps already and I am watching the clock, just waiting til bedtime.





3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Everything about some people is just small. Too bad you couldn't read the size of his shirt.

Linda O'Connell said...

That MJ drug has you mellow, doesn't it? People are really getting on my nerves lately, and I'm afraid I'd have pointed the guy down the road!

Val said...

You should have given him a Bubba cup of Miralax to go!