Thursday, February 27, 2014

Socks and Uniforms


I seem to be infatuated with socks. Easter is coming. I made a few Easter bunnies out of socks. I saw them on Pinterest and had to give it a try. I like the floppy eared  bunny, but the straight ears are cute, too.


I have an enormous stash of socks. I am always on the lookout for socks on sale. I made 5 more this afternoon and changed some things. Blogger refuses to download those pictures tonight. I sculpted the little faces. It gives them personalities, I think.

It is good to keep busy as the insurance seems to be moving at a snail's pace. Now that I have provided the necessary information to my clinic, the insurance will not approve the MRI until I have an x-ray ......... and physical therapy.

So much for getting all this taken care of before the season starts. What was I thinking? I am not opposed to the x-ray or the physical therapy, but history has shown that this particular injury is most often resolved with surgery. I just want to be done with this.

The weather has been like a roller coaster ride. The snow melts and the ground gets soggy, then freezes. The sun teases me with it's shine. I stand between the shade and the window on the east side of the house and drink in the warmth. I look out at my lawn and want to get started on waking my flower beds. Then I layer on some clothes, top it off with a coat and gloves and gather firewood. Carefully, with one arm.

I have taken to wearing those velour pantsuits. You know the ones, favored by old ladies everywhere. I find that I can get myself dressed easily in the elastic waist pants, a t-shirt, and top it off with the matching zippered jacket. Zip the jacket halfway up and tuck my left hand in. Like a sling, it takes all the weight of my arm from my shoulder. It is my new "uniform". Good thing I have a ready supply.

6 comments:

Val said...

I will think of it as your bunny-making uniform.

joanne said...

love your little bunnies! You are so very clever. I always have that 'one' sock that doesn't have a mate, now to think of something to do with those.

Linda O'Connell said...

I've heard of sock monkeys, but these are cute sock bunnies. INSURANCE! I hope you get your shoulder fixed soon.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm sorry for the delay. It's called protocol. I'm sure the PT will kick you back after one session, A lot of arses need covered, these days.
Love the bunnies!

luksky said...

Crafty critters! I'm a Pinterest addict myself perusing only the DIY section. I pin so much stuff that I get overwhelmed with what project I want to start with.

Just a hint, if you don't already know, if you have a DOLLAR TREE near you they have a nice selection of assorted color and styles of socks for cheap.

Anonymous said...

Your sock bunnies are so clever. You are very creative and talented to make these. I have no such abilities with any kind of sewing.

Your velour wardrobe makes me laugh. We do what we have to do for comfort and mobility.