Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Where Are The Maples?


The week has begun with the arrival of my baby girl and her family. Papa has his mini-me in residence and all is right with the world. Gavin displayed his talent for driving golf carts.


Round and round the park they went.


Again and again. Gavin will be the lead driver in the golf cart parade on Saturday.

He spent time with Gramma, too. He shoveled gravel and helped me in the garden. We took a stroll yesterday morning and inspected the trees. We looked at the progress of the fruit on the peach tree and the apple trees and the crab apple tree.

"What does this tree make, Gramma?" I told him that tree he was referring to was a maple tree. He nodded and said, very seriously, "Oh, I see, the maples aren't on it yet."

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

maples arent on it yet...ha.
my boys love driving golf carts.
and tractors.
isnt it cool to have the kids around...they keep you young.
smiles.

mamahasspoken said...

Can't wait to see what that maple tree grows!

mamahasspoken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SkippyMom said...

Well this post brought a HUGE smile to my face because I can just imagine just how tickled you and Grandpa are to have the family there. I know how much you enjoy and love them. Lucky!

And Gavin is getting SO big! A lil' man, isn't he? I love that he matches his Grandpa in attire and look at him driving that cart.

Hope his "maples" ocme in soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Such grand times are these times with the grandchildren.

Linda O'Connell said...

That is so funny. Kids are really literal. Have fun with your babies.

joanne said...

look at him...he's so grown up!

Val said...

He worked so hard. Reward him with a bag of maple nut candy, and tell him that's what the "maples" are used for.