Sunday, April 8, 2012

Angry Birds


 It has been an exhausting week here at the kampground. The big mower was out of commission, needing new blades, the grass growing at a phenomenal rate, and rain threatening the skies. I mowed and I mowed. I would start out with lots of energy and determination and 4 hours later I would be praying for a reason to stop. I got a lot done, but only scratched the surface.

When the rain did come, he who builds framed out the wall to separate the new retail space from our living area. After the hanging of the sheet rock I took over with mudding and painting. In the midst of all this we had a major sewer issue in the plumbing of the main building. My new toilet had to be pulled up once again to resolve the issue. Not before it flooded the bathroom, though.

So, with all the soggy rugs and towels in addition to my usual laundry I headed out to the laundry room to make use of all the washers at my disposal. Three machines will make the chore three times faster. Do you notice the nest atop the wall heater? I didn't.


 I had my mind on getting the job done to move on to the next job on my long list. As I was loading the washers I was grumbling about the wet grass on the washer closest to the wall and wondering what had been washed in it. I cleaned it up and went on loading my laundry. Then I grabbed the broom and swept up the mess on the floor, still grumbling to myself.


Then the bird who had been feathering it's nest decided to declare me an intruder and swooped at me with flapping wings. Just picture a crazy lady with a broom running screaming from the laundry room.

If a kamp host screams in an empty kampground, does it make a sound? I don't know about that, but, I can tell you that no one came to my rescue. Later, when he who rides the roads to rescue those stranded travelers did return, he relocated the nest to a safe tree. No birds were injured in this adventure.

6 comments:

Kathy G said...

You always make my life feel so normal and boring :-)

Hope you have a happy Easter at the kampground

Brian Miller said...

lol...got your blood pumping for the day...smiles...happy easter kathy

mamahasspoken said...

Happy Easter! The Easter bunny didn't visit you but the Easter bird sure did. Too bad hubby move it before it could leave you some eggs ;o)

Lorenza said...

I was thinking the same as Kathy G!
I can imagine the whole episode!
Happy Easter!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Teresa said...

LOL - that must have been a sight to see! sorry to hear of the further water problems. grrr....

hope your easter was fabulous!

Linda O'Connell said...

I know what it feels like to be divebombed by a bird. You have had your share of potty problems. Hope this day is the best ever for you.