Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Things I Do For Love


 Toni Louise is watching me. She wants to play. She is looking to see if there might be a tiny playmate hidden in my lap.


She tried to wake the guys, but they ignored her. No way would there be another pet here in our house.


He who has a soft heart came home with a tiny rabbit. He rescued it from a herd of cats at work.


See how tenderly he holds this little rabbit. The cats killed Mama Rabbit and the rest of the offspring. "What did you want me to do?" he asks.


 I suggest that it would make a nice little entree for Winnie and Tigger. Oh, the hurt in his eyes! I was kidding, of course, but ....... really, what am I supposed to do with it?


He kept the rabbit in his truck all day. It is cute, like all babies are.


He presented it to our dog family. Toni Louise was giddy with puppy excitement. She jumped and jumped seeming to say "Can I play with it, can I, can I, please?" Oscar opened his mouth to grab it and snap it's little neck. He was scolded by he who has actually named the rabbit. I scolded the rabbit holder for scolding a dog bred to eliminate small furry intruders. Poor nervous Wall-E peed on himself from all the stress around him.


As dusk approached, I asked my husband if the rabbit was still a prisoner in his truck. Of course it was. "Have you fed it?" Fed it, what do you feed a rabbit? He offered clover and the rabbit, whose name is Bubba, did not partake. I suggested a carrot, doesn't he remember what Bugs Bunny ate?


Bubba, who is probably a girl, is sleeping in the store in a box lined with a scrap of flannel. I couldn't let he who rescues rabbits find Bubba unresponsive in his truck tomorrow, could I?

10 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Sometimes there are no words for He Who.

This is one of those times my friend.
God Bless you!

Val said...

Bubba is just too dang cute. Good luck.

Teresa said...

He who is just hilariously funny sometimes. LOL!

Glad you rescued him from himself.

Linda O'Connell said...

Awww, what a sweetie. The bunny, too.

Joanne Noragon said...

I can barely imagine how this will turn out. The bunny did need to be rescued, but then what.

ellen abbott said...

we had a pet rabbit that roamed the house. you can train them to use a litter box. actually, you just have to provide it. and our dog and the rabbit were best buddies.

Lorenza said...

Bubba is adorable!
Things are going to be more interesting there for all of you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jeff said...

He who has a heart should get a big hug for being such a caring human being!

Brian Miller said...

awww bubba is cute...and my boys would def be making me make a hutch and feed it....love it...

lindarae said...

I actually raised a wild bunny from the time he was about that little till just last year when I had to se him free. They love to eat alfa hay, lettuc, rabbit treats and they will eat rabbit food as well. They like the pellets some but not much, I always bought my Buggzy the rabbit food from the pet stores because it had a variety of nutrients in them. Good luck with Bubba he is way to cute but be carefull about lettin ghim roam about, they LOVE to chew on wires.