Friday, April 13, 2012

The Rabbit Died ......


As promised, photos of my remodeled bathroom. But ...... I need to report that the rabbit died. I am, of course, referring to Bubba, the rescue rabbit. I am old enough to remember when the rabbit dying meant something else.


This is a shot of my "new" room. The tub came from Craig's List. The bead board came from an old wall. The toilet, sink and tile are brand spanking new.


The lights are new, too. Well, I bought them two years ago in anticipation. Medicine cabinet and mirror are re-used.


The new sink and vanity take up less space, but I lost storage.

I found the little cabinet to hold extra rolls of tissue at WalMart and it happened to match my decor. Holds 4 extra rolls and a box of kleenex. Funny thing about that purchase. I did not have my glasses on when I bought it and for some reason I thought it said it held FORTY rolls. I pondered this all the way home. Until I donned my trusty bifocals for the assembly. Four rolls, not forty.


This is the cabinet inset in the wall that he who rescues baby rabbits built to my specifications. Impressive, don't you think? Still have to put the trim around it.


My throne.


My tile, so lovingly grouted.


Same picture of elephants bathing, in exactly the same place on the newly painted wall. The paint was given to me and I was never fond of the color, but decided to just make it work. I wanted colors that would match hard water stains and this pumpkin color fit the bill. I found the shower curtain at a thrift store.


The towel rods are actually drapery rods that I cut down and repainted. New over sized towels off the clearance rack.

Coming soon .......... new retail space.

9 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Forty rolls...ha ha ha, I am laughing out loud. That is exactly something I would do. Your bathroom looks nice!

SkippyMom said...

Forty rolls? Sure Kathy, for Leprachauns. giggle or Barbies. :) I would do the same thing and then ponder it the whole way home too.

You are amazing. I know you weren't fond of that color, but smarty pants it is perfect for the hard water and imo is gorgeous. Everything looks so great. I love the sink. It is nice to have a little more moving around room and I find at my age I don't have the buckets of hair products, make up, soaps, etc. to store anyway. Sometimes I think we ought to give up our bathroom to the girls because whoooo boy they have a LOT of stuff.

All the reuse and repurpose plus the thrift store find all looks brand spanking new. You really have the touch. [I know I say that all the time, but is there anything colorwise and beautiful you can't do? I think not. :)]

I am so glad that it is finally done. Pooldad says congrats too - he always wanted an weekly update b/c he knows that can be pretty frustrating to DIY. You did a bang up job.

OH - and the shelf. Sweet touch.

Sorry to hear about the rain. You can do just about anything to a pool in the rain [open it, clean it, close it at the end of the season, etc.] but I do know that ONE thing you can't do is paint or replaster it. Well, at least you have a bit of time.

Perhaps you can enjoy the weekend inside, relaxing. Maybe? Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Val said...

Sweet! I'm so happy you don't have to leave the house to shower. Too bad about the bunny.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

When you said forty rolls I thought the same as Skippymom maybe I "Barbie's" bathroom...........lol

I think the colour works although I am not that fond of it.............

I also can remember when the saying the rabbit died meant something else too.

mamahasspoken said...

Yeah it's done which means no more showers in the 'other' place!! Looks great and I think your granddaughter won't be afraid of using that tub!

Brian Miller said...

yay! wow.....looks good...cant believe it is finally done!

Sandi McBride said...

i will be feeling sorry for rabbit but am happy you have your new room where much cleaning is always going on. you are a lucky you to have such a helper. i believe you may be a bengal cat because you are not afraid to nag and show appreciation for all that is done although you know you do more..yes, a bengal, that you are
batgirl (with sandi)

Erik's RV Blog said...

Wow, so thats what a remodeled bathroom looks like! :) Mine still looks like bare walls, floor and pipes!

I better get my rear in gear!

You guys did a great job, it looks fantastic!

Erik

labbie1 said...

Looks great! I know you are happy to have your newly renovated bathroom and tub...