Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Sunshine, Lollipops and UPS

The sun is shining!! This makes me so happy and motivated. I sold a truckload of furniture that is supposed to be picked up today. This means I will be rearranging stuff all day. I was busy doing just that when I heard the door ring.

UPS was there, trying to deliver a package. New driver, my old driver must have retired. I will need to educate this one about my road signs ..... In the meantime he has some very heavy saw blades to deliver to the road crew staying here. The last batch came via a freight truck and were on a pallet. The driver followed my directions to a T and put them right where I told him. I don't want them to go to the site my workers are staying on, but in the front parking lot to make it easier to re-load.

The young UPS driver looked confused when I directed him to unload them onto a pallet coming up from the back via HeWho delivers when I call. I said, "See the line of rocks there, at the end of the parking lot?" He nodded. I went on to tell him to back his truck up and wait for the pallet to arrive, so that the packages wouldn't be sitting on the wet ground. He said, "Okay, in front of the sidewalk?"

Instead of the response that was on the tip of my tongue, I sighed deeply and went over to the spot I had indicated and using my hand signals (NO, not that one), waved him to where I wanted him to be and left him in the care of HeWho brought the pallet up for him. "Yes, let's block the sidewalk that leads to the laundry facility and the bathrooms", I muttered to myself on the way back to my moving things around. I did say he was young and obviously has lots to learn.

I have the feeling it is going to be a long day. 

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I hope at least he's permanent and you won't be re-training a slew of youngsters--over and over.

Val said...

I hope he got a signature so he doesn't have to come back the next day. Like the kid who left a case of wine under our carport, that nobody living here ordered.

Linda O'Connell said...

Well, at least he didn't just dump it. And young men, well they do need directions spelled out, sometimes.

ellen abbott said...

sunshine is a great motivator...until it gets to be consistently in the mid 90s to triple digits.