Monday, March 12, 2018

Pleather .... NO!

Snow kept me glued to my chair watching old movies yesterday. Fat, wet flakes blanketed the grounds and the park was lovely to look upon. From inside my warm abode with logs crackling in the fireplace. It snowed so hard that my little dogs took one look out that door and turned around to stay inside. No frivolous potty breaks yesterday.

So, today, I hopped into the shower straight away. Grocery supplies are low. I have been lazy, people. I have not properly stocked my larder. The biggest tragedy being the lack of dog treats. Shame on me.

HeWho is the giver of treats to the critters. They have a routine and upon his return form his morning McBiscuit, he doles out the dental chews. I am the giver of the eats and the water .... the necessities of life. I am also the one who keeps those critters clean.

I tossed the keys to HeWho acts as my man-servant and he started the vehicle, then came back for the broom to sweep all the snow off my hood. He had already filled it with fuel. I don't do this, as I am a delicate being and I have someone who loves me enough to do it for me. Really not delicate, just don't want to.

I opened the mail before I left. I got my Medicare card today! Feeling special, senior citizeny, I hopped on the interstate and pointed my car towards Walmart. Not in the market for clothes, I perused the clearance racks anyway. I got a pair of sweatpants for $1. Who could walk by that bargain? Not me. I picked up a cute little (not that little, actually) top for another dollar. It was like I was in The Dollar Tree! My clearance shopping did not stop in the ladies department. HeWho now has a $3 flannel shirt. It was only fair.

One thing I did choose not to buy, despite the amazing price and the fact that it was my size, I just could not see me in pleather leggings. No need to make thunder thighs shine, that only makes things look larger. I did have a good laugh, though. Some people looked at me and kept their distance. Okay by me, I don't like to be crowded.

The moral to the story, well, there are two:
1. If you want your space, act a little crazy, people will leave you alone. Unless you happen upon a kindred spirit, then you will have someone to laugh with you.
2. Fat people do not wear pleather. They should not wear pleather, that is. Really shouldn't. 

5 comments:

Val said...

You might get even more space if you WERE wearing pleather. Or maybe you'd be like the Pied Piper of Pleather-Wearers, and lead them out of Walmart.

DebsBestLife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DebsBestLife said...

For the record, skinny people shouldn't wear pleather either... no one should wear pleather... LOL!

Joanne Noragon said...

I have a problem with leggings, too. But then, I'm an old people.

ellen abbott said...

fat people shouldn't wear leggings period. in fact nobody should wear legging unless they are wearing a top that comes at least to their knees. unless you are in yoga class. then it's OK to wear leggings.