Friday, March 25, 2016

I Don't Have Time For This

The cough persists and results in an annoying headache that won't respond to any remedy I have tried. Did I mention that I don't have time for this?

I have lost my voice. I squeak or bark. It actually hurts to talk and I am happy just to nod my head in response to the endless questions from HeWho takes care of me, Am I cold? Do I want something to drink? Can he get me anything? The only thing worse than being housebound in the cold of winter is to be housebound and sick while the sun is shining.


I am still getting the front porch ready for campers. I painted my chairs and made a checkers table for some fierce competition. I put the actual checker in a container with a lid. It was a round container that held Wylers lemonade at one time.

Funny thing about that container of checkers. I had to go into town yesterday morning to have some blood drawn. Upon my return, I noticed that the checkers were scattered everywhere. I went over to put them back in the container to find that some critter had chewed that lid off! I know it wasn't Martha, the boy cat. He leans towards laziness in the curiosity department and the claw marks on the container were bigger than his. Maybe a possum? Imagine the surprise of the thief when he found only checkers and no food!


I now have four rocking chairs to grace one side of the porch. My dad liked to sit on the front porch in the evening and watch people. I do, too.


I still have to paint the white chair and repair one side. It was put together with screws, I think I will use some nuts and bolts instead.

Still so many little things to attend to. The two new (used) washers were installed in the laundry yesterday and are up and running. I have not been out there yet to see if there was a mess left in the wake of installation. Maybe later today. When the headache subsides. I really do not have time for this!

4 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

I do hope you feel better soon. Your checker table and chairs and rockers look so inviting.

Anonymous said...

Our weather here has turned quite lovely and I should be out in the backyard raking and pruning but instead I'm sitting on the couch, trying to heal my face that has been attacked by shingles. Like you, I don't have time for this, which is exactly what I told my doctor when she said it would be a week to 10 days before I would return to normal.

Joanne Noragon said...

It's looking ready for business!

Val said...

That grass is really green! Time marches on, and the season will be in full swing before you know it.

You need to get a doctor to look at your throat!