Friday, June 26, 2015

Thirsty For Sleep

I was just finishing the last strip of mowing when the thunder started last night. We just mowed the entire park yesterday, knowing more rain was coming ..... And it did, all night long. Thunder, lightning and wind along with the rain we do not need.

It is overcast today, but not raining. I figured I could have a productive day, with just a phone to interrupt me. I tackled the stubborn vines on the fence around the pool, then decided to sweep the concrete deck and skim the pool. Along with frogs and leaves from the storm, I scooped out some candy wrappers and ......... potato chips. More chips clung to the sides of the skimmer baskets. Now, how can this be? My signs and my big mouth clearly state that FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED in the pool area. Outside the fence, there is a pavilion all set up for eating and smoking.

This turn of events did not make me happy. I don't know who did it. The candy wrappers did not match anything I sell, but I allow people to bring coolers, as long as they keep them outside the fence ..... in the shade, on the pavilion. It had to be the people I had never seen before. Ten of them. I can only hope that they return. I never miss an opportunity to educate the public.

It is drizzling now and I have decided to come in and sit a spell. It has been a hard week. I spent an entire day in misery on Tuesday. Really felt horrible, so much so that I crawled into bed at 4:00 in the afternoon and slept until 10:00 pm, got up, took my evening meds, and went right back to sleep and slept until 5:00 am. Fed the animals and went back to bed and slept two more hours.

I felt better Wednesday morning, but was ready to go back to bed at 8:00 pm. I cannot seem to sleep enough lately. I could go for a nap right now. I was thinking about it as I mopped the store floor. Thought I could just stick the "closed" sign in the door and sneak off to my bed. But, the phone rang. "Do y'all allow camping there?" Although tempted to say no, I answered in the affirmative. The questions continued, do we allow fishing, does one need a license, are campers allowed to use the  pool ........ then he asked if I had any tent sites available. I asked when a site would be needed and was told today.

It is raining. The forecast is for rain for the remainder of the day. Why would you want to pitch a tent in the rain? The grounds are soggy and I will close the pool in the event of a thunderstorm. I will also make one leave the fishing area for shelter. I hope they don't show up .....

No comments: