Thursday, August 6, 2020

Everybody Dance Now

Mom mowed the back yard today. This is Cujo, in case you didn't know. Mom is a very good mower. She has a routine and sticks to it. First she grabs two bags. She puts one on her hand and holds the other one in her other hand as she picks up all the poop in our yard. As disgusting as this might seem, she says that leaving it and mowing it in the grass will just make our yard stink and is not good for us dogs. I think she said it could cause us to have worms. Worms!! I don't want worms in my body. Well, unless I eat one. Sometimes I see worms after the rain and have found them to be quite tasty.

Mom says this is not the kind of worm she is worried about. I appreciate her efforts at any rate. I remember once when Mom was sick, our Dad mowed. What a mess he made. Not only did he not pick up poop (said he forgot, but I, for one, do not believe this), he didn't pull up all the grass at the edge of our yard. Poor Mom just looked out the back door, then turned around and went back to bed.

This time she said something strange, though. Well, she says a lot of things to us dogs that we don't really understand. She sings a lot about scooping up poop and "I'm the poop scooper". I wonder if other people and dogs hear her. But today she was scolding us for pooping after she was done scooping. As if we are supposed to wait? When you gotta go, you gotta go. I would think she would be happy we are outside. 

But she asked if when she started the mower, it cued the music and us dogs started singing "Everybody Poop Now". Then she sang it to us after she stopped the mower to do another poop scoop.

Is this a real song? Do people really sing this? I kind of think she made it up. She sings loud when she mows and she kept singing this and laughing. I hope no one heard her and wondered about her. What if all the dogs in the park hear her and think they are supposed to poop? That would be really funny!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

A cat will sit there watching you clean the inside litter tray and what's the first thing they do - yes, use it!

Joanne Noragon said...

Yea, she made it up, Cujo. But don't worry. It makes the job go faster.

Linda O'Connell said...

Cugo's commentary cracks me up. I can hear you singing!

Val said...

Just be glad, Cujo, that she didn't make up a song like the "I'm a Pepper" jingle for Dr. Pepper.

River said...

Dogs gotta poop, grass gotta grow, mum's gotta mow, it's a never-ending circle.

Nanny Anny said...

Oh Cujo .... your blog posts are just absolutely priceless!!
You should ask your Mom if you can have your very own own blog!!
It would be wonderful!!
Cheers, Nanny Anny in Canada

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Cleaning up after doggies isn't not a pleasant job but one that has to be done.