Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Trip, Even More ...

We were heading west in Georgia when last we were here. It has been 3 years since I have seen my sister. Three years since my dad died. It was bittersweet as we drove through the city that he used to call home. I saw him on every corner and could hear him reading billboards and signs aloud as he drove along. Used to drive me crazy, but I would give anything to hear his voice again.

Now my sister is fighting her battle with cancer. All things considered she looked good, but I am worried about her anyway. I wish I was more available to help her. I can't make her treatment work faster, but I could make her house clean and put dinner on the table. We did feed her while we were there, of course. She wanted to cook, but we wouldn't let her.

We visited our parents' graves and did a little weeding around them. I wish I had thought to bring some bulbs to plant. I am not a cut or artificial flower person, but some daffodils, tulips and day lilies popping up out of the ground would be cheerful. It is a very old cemetery. Looking at some of the old markers, there were some birthdates in the 1700's. Some stones were so old they were illegible. 



HeWho loves a fast food breakfast drove us to the only game in town, Hardee's and while he was inside I noticed this truck pull to the side of the road and park. Hard to see, but it looks like a million mason jars on the bed of the truck. I was curious about the contents. I wondered if it was moonshine!

HeWho has never met a stranger, so he asked the driver. It was corn syrup on the way to the bee hives. I did not know that you have to feed them! You learn something new every day!

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

I'd forgotten. Priming the hives. A friend used to keep bees. Happy Thanksgiving to you.