Monday, November 26, 2018

Hair

It's that awkward moment when you are standing in the warm spray of the shower and realize you just washed your hair with moisturizing body wash instead of shampoo. I stood there wondering if I should re-wash my hair with the correct product ……… or should I leave it and see what happens? 

I chose the latter. An experiment, if you will, with me as the subject. Now I wonder if I should use shampoo to wash my body. You know, to even things out. Whatever, we all know I chose the "experiment" because I am cheap thrifty and hate to waste, well, anything. Clean is clean, after all.

Just so you know, the body wash did not work as well as shampoo. Maybe because of the moisturizing aspect. My hair was limp and did not do well that day. I am generous enough to share this with all of you, so that you don't have to wonder.

I did a good job loading the camper for our trip, with only two exceptions. I forgot my styling mousse for my hair and the food from the refrigerator. My hair is baby fine. I was hoping it would become course with age. It is still fine and fly-away, the only difference is that a lot of gray has shown up. I am okay with all the gray, but maybe I should use some color to damage it a little to give it some body.

My sister gave me several bottles of styling product to use. She is not in need of such, as she is undergoing chemo. I bought some slouch hats and took them to her to add to her collection of head covers. My sister and I do not share the same hair type. She has natural curl and was a blond. All this to tell you that the "maintain bouncy curl" product did not work well on my hair. The "insane volume" mousse was indeed, insane. I was two inches taller with that. Took me back in time to the era of big hair.

Today, I washed the hair with shampoo and am sitting here sipping tea with honey as it air dries. Day two of my "cold" (I hope that is all it is) has me sitting in my recliner, tissue close by for my eyes and nose. While I showered, hoping it would make me feel better, HeWho loves a roaring fire, has built one up. He left to help someone do something (I was not listening), and it is 82 degrees in here!! I can't breathe. Every muscle in my body aches and my shoulder is screaming. My nose is dripping and my eyes are streaming. The remedy for the shoulder reeks of menthol and I am just plain miserable. The man does not listen to me!

Oh, yeah, I am having another bad hair day! I am going to open the window and go back to bed.

8 comments:

RunNRose said...

Thanks for the smiles this morning, Kathy! I have often found myself ALMOST using the wrong product in the shower, so I can relate.
I am still bummed about your story yesterday about that expensive prescription. Since our prescription insurance is provided by my husband's former employer, I know nothing about what other, not so fortunate, people have to cope with. I thought Medicare Part D was supposed to cover drugs. But, maybe the cost of that is prohibitive, whatever. The priorities of this country are so messed up. I wonder how many prescriptions one golf day in Florida would cover. I do hope your "cold" goes away quickly.

Joanne Noragon said...

I forgot shampoo for Wisconsin once (or twice), and hating Ann's stuff, I used body wash instead. Bad! I picked up a bottle of my shampoo at the grocery store, and stored it in the guest bath cupboard. It went missing before my next visit.
PS to RNR-I think this is the future. I have the best supplemental plan I can afford, and once it left me with a 15 copay for name brand and 7 for all else. Now I pay in the hundreds for my two name brands. When the money is gone, I don't know what I'll do.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

This cracked me up because I have in fact done that myself and often when I have gone away I have left stuff in the fridge

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a while since it been in 80's here. But I live close to Canada.
Coffee is on

Val said...

In the spirit of sharing, I want you to know that Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask works GREAT as a hand lotion. Thankfully, I don't know about the effects of Jergens on hair.

River said...

I have fine hair too, but luckily mine has plenty of body on its own and doesn't need any product. But it does have wavy almost curls and looks different every single day depending on how I slept and in wet weather the curls go nuts.

ellen abbott said...

body wash for shampoo is minor. I stumbled in the bathroom one night after waking with a stopped up head and didn't turn on the light. reached for the Ocean squeeze bottle in the cabinet for my nose and grabbed the get the red out of your eyes squeeze bottle instead. let me tell you, it cleared up my sinuses and brought me abruptly fully awake.

Linda O'Connell said...

I have thick hair, and am always trying to tame it. The worst hair incident I remember is my mom's beautician picked up a can of hairspray at home and sprayed her entire boufant, but it was actually her son's model car can of RED SPRAY PAINT.