Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Few of my Favorite Sites #42


So this week I am featuring site 42. I moseyed down to take pictures this morning and got a little carried away! So many beautiful plants to see!


This is the home of DJ and Andrea. It was the luckiest day of my kamp owning life when DJ stopped in to inquire about setting up housekeeping here. We agreed on a site, but he was seeking lodgings on his own. Andrea was leaving this decision to DJ. Right before the arrival date, I had site 42 become available. This particular site has a concrete pad and on higher ground that the site we had agreed upon. I convinced DJ that his wife would like this site more, for no other reason than the concrete pad and patio. Less dirt and gravel will make it inside.


The previous tenants had done a good job with landscaping, but it cannot compare to what Andrea has done since. She definitely has a green thumb and excellent taste!


There is a stave mill close by and with a handful of cash and a heavy duty trailer you can purchase what is called the bolt ends. This would be the end of the tree that is chopped off to make a straight edge in order to make the staves to make the wine barrels. As you can see they are great for landscaping.


Neat and tidy rules the day on this site!


Shady in the trees, the plants seem to flourish under the tender care of Andrea.



I love all the little nooks and crannies that are decorated with special "finds".





Even the back side get special attention, with the sewer hook up hidden behind lattice. Painted to coordinate with the trailer.



The raised gardens are lovely. full of different colors.


You can see all the way to the back trail in the park ...... didn't used to be that way.




Weeds ...... what weeds?? You will find no weeds in this garden! Andrea will come up to one of my gardens when she feels the urge to weed! I never disappoint! I always have weeds somewhere!

  I love this site, nestled in the back row in the trees. Most weekends finds DJ smoking something delicious and folks just seem to gravitate to this spot.


 

I am tempted to call this the "before" picture, but this has been cleared of all the underbrush by DJ and Andrea. They planted some pumpkins in the mound of leaves for the deer to eat. They also feed the squirrels and the birds. Wish they would keep all the rabbits in the back and out of my vegetable garden!!



This looks desolate compared to the oases they have created!


Love the garden bed!

Home grown "leaf" there. They used an elephant ear they planted last year to make the big green leaf. The flamingo looks scared!

This is not all the photos I took. I had to cut some. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then this post is a book!!

DJ and Andrea are just about the nicest people I have ever met. Always willing to lend a helping hand, DJ has offered his considerable building skills to remake the pavilion. Andrea spends her days spreading her gardening skills to her neighbors. I always have good intentions when I want to start a new garden bed. I kind of know that if I can get the plants back there, she will tend them in my absence. Yes, that is a little sneaky on my part!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am assuming that this couple is retired and living full time in an RV? They seem to have made it work for them.

Linda O'Connell said...

Kathy, your campground looks inviting and your tenants ideal. Isn't it wonderful to have guests who are more like family? I absolutely love your pallet chairs. You could probably make a fortune selling these to KOA's and other campgrounds with logos on them. Then you'd probably get some squatter who decided they needed firewood.